The Student Room Group

did i pick bad a levels??

for my a levels i'm doing history, english lang and media. at the time i didn't know english lang was not well respected i just picked it because it interested me. and i've always wanted to do media as well. but now i'm looking and i see people saying that english lang and media arent good a levels. did i mess up??? will universities accept me?
yeah they'll still accept you. Science are more appreciated but ultimately they're not allowed to be biased
Reply 2
What does this question even mean? 'Bad subjects' is not an objective statement, it depends on which course you are applying to, at which university, and which subjects you actually excel in. Sure, if you wanted to become a doctor for example, your A-Levels are completely useless, but it doesn't seem like that's what you're interested in anyway. Exam boards wouldn't offer subjects if they thought they were completely pointless and that nobody cared about them - they could save thousands in costs by stopping the subject spec. The fact that the subject exists means that someone somewhere cares about it. The question is what YOU actually want to do as a career, at degree-level, etc. Figure that out first and then you can decide whether your subjects are 'Bad'.
Reply 3
Original post by fishfishfihsfish
for my a levels i'm doing history, english lang and media. at the time i didn't know english lang was not well respected i just picked it because it interested me. and i've always wanted to do media as well. but now i'm looking and i see people saying that english lang and media arent good a levels. did i mess up??? will universities accept me?

I don't know what you're on about, English language has always been a very well respected a level and history is one of the most valued ones. All I'd say is that media isn't one of the most useful a levels but as long as you work hard and get good predicted grades unis will defo want you

Quick Reply

Latest