The Student Room Group

Do posts in the new app count towards the appy camper badge?

Problem Summary
Do posts in the new app count towards the appy camper badge?

Problem Details
I know that for the old app, posts in the app counted towards that appy camper badge, now that the app is public do posts in the app count towards the badge and not will this functionality be implemented?

Device
Mobile

Browser
TSR App

Link

Additional Information
Doubt it, better to remove the badge entirely imo
Original post by 04MR17
Doubt it, better to remove the badge entirely imo

I’d lean towards reworking/removing the whale hero one personally but yeah no point in having the App badge if it won’t work with the new app
Bumping only because it’s been a week (so way more than 2 working days).
Currently the appcamper badge does not count posts from the new app - I'm not sure if this is planned to be added, but I'll pop an update in this thread when I know more :smile:
Original post by RainbowLapras
Currently the appcamper badge does not count posts from the new app - I'm not sure if this is planned to be added, but I'll pop an update in this thread when I know more :smile:

Thank you, will the badge be scrapped if the new app doesn’t count towards the badge?
Original post by Talkative Toad
Thank you, will the badge be scrapped if the new app doesn’t count towards the badge?

I'll let you know when I have more details on the plans for the badge! :smile:
I'll let you know when I have more details on the plans for the badge! :smile:

Thanks
Posts in the new app should now count towards the Appy Camper badge! :awesome:

Past posts with the new app will also be counted towards the badge, however please note it may not immediately update - if you're still missing badge progress after a day or so then pop a message here and I'll have a look into it :smile:

We've also updated the badge levels as follows:

Level 1: 1 post

Level 2: 10 posts

Level 3: 100 posts

Level 4: 500 posts

Level 5: 1000 posts

Level 6: 2500 posts

FYI: @Talkative Toad @04MR17

Past posts with the new app will also be counted towards the badge, however please note it may not immediately update - if you're still missing badge progress after a day or so then pop a message here and I'll have a look into it :smile:

Didn't receive the tag but saw the post through watched thread notifications :erm:

Thank you so much for the update, I've also just had my level 6 notification :woo:
Original post by 04MR17
Didn't receive the tag but saw the post through watched thread notifications :erm:
Thank you so much for the update, I've also just had my level 6 notification :woo:

Hm, how strange - I'll keep an eye on that one, hopefully it was just a blip! Can you let me know if this tag works please, @04MR17?

Fabulous! I'll have a look at how many people are getting level 6, it might be that we need to add some more levels from the sounds of it :tongue:
Hm, how strange - I'll keep an eye on that one, hopefully it was just a blip! Can you let me know if this tag works please, @04MR17?

Fabulous! I'll have a look at how many people are getting level 6, it might be that we need to add some more levels from the sounds of it :tongue:

Yep this one worked :biggrin:

No no no please don't add any more levels for the next 5 years and 8 months please and thank you. Then I'll have completed TSR :u:

I didn’t receive the tag either and thanks
Original post by Talkative Toad
I didn’t receive the tag either and thanks

Did this one work? @Talkative Toad