The Student Room Group

New car

Need some advice, I’ve seen an electric car, quite expensive, but it’s a good drive! It has many benefits but I’ve been told the electric batteries can give problems overtime within 10 years and is very expensive to repair as it would require a complete change of battery. Is this really the case? If it’s true I’ll just look for a petrol or hybrid car!
Reply 1
Original post by AlphaMale123
Need some advice, I’ve seen an electric car, quite expensive, but it’s a good drive! It has many benefits but I’ve been told the electric batteries can give problems overtime within 10 years and is very expensive to repair as it would require a complete change of battery. Is this really the case? If it’s true I’ll just look for a petrol or hybrid car!

Hi there. You are right that batteries degrade over time, and it will eventually come to a point where they need replacing if the car is to continue working. Batteries are an expensive part of an electric vehicle, and so the cost may be prohibitive. Most manufacturers will provide warranties for the first 10-12 years, but it is likely the batteries will last longer. The following article may be useful:
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/content/features/electric-car-batteries?utm_source=google&utm_medium=ppc&utm_campaign=content_Expertise_Electric_Search&utm_term=content_Expertise_Battery&utm_content=how+long+do+ev+batteries+last&gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAiAkp6tBhB5EiwANTCx1IghEBeqbYu_UyHNoeiPoBb36WLcUN2CWsfLA4uy_UIaLMfr0bd_qBoCRTUQAvD_BwE&refresh=true
(edited 3 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending