The Student Room Group

I passed my driving test and have major imposter syndrome!!

I've just passed and I've been learning for ages but I just can't get a long with my new car ( a 2006 kia picanto). I think its a bit of a mental block and probably the fact its a petrol instead of diesel and I need to get used to the bite etc but I feel like such an imposter and awful! The road I live on is practically up a huge slope so I stalled at the top but where I had someone behind me he was clearly infuriated I'm really not sure what to do as I blocked a road and that was so awful and I got really flustered!

Sorry guys go easy on me - I feel like a completely different driving to the one I was in with my instructor :/
Reply 1
Congratulations!! I'd recommend you go find some quiet roads and just get used to the car. Both my daughters practice in their own car which is totally different to their instructors & I think it's good to use different cars as you're not going to have the same car forever.
Don't get stressed or flustered by other drivers. Maybe you would feel a little less stressed if you got some P plates so they know you are a new driver?
I tell my girls all the time it's not really about learning to drive the car - that's the easy bit. It's about learning to deal with all the idiots on the road 😂🤣😂🤣
You will get there. Best of luck! X
It's ok, almost everyone does. Going from driving with a co-driver as it were, to all alone puts you back on a new learning curve where you are 100% in charge, can take some getting used to.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending