The Student Room Group

the orange peel theory

okay so there is this new internet relationships trend going around and called the orange peel theory! if your partner loves you, they will perform small tasks for you that you are perfectly capable of doing yourself, almost as an act of service. for example - peeling an orange because you don't like doing it!

what do you all think of this - let me know your thoughts!
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by emm4nuella
okay so there is this new internet relationships trend going around and called the orange peel theory! if your partner loves you, they will perform small tasks for you that you are perfectly capable of doing yourself, almost as an act of service. for example - peeling an orange because you don't like doing it!

i have to say that i am not too sure on this one! i feel like you can't judge your partner solely on how they did on this 'test' - there are other qualities/traits that they have! one could argue that depending on how they perform on this test, this is how they value you as a person. but hey - there's no way of truly knowing unless you actually have a conversation about your relationship with them
i kinda like it it really shows how much the person cares for you i will definitely try it
Original post by emm4nuella

I think trends are one of the reasons many relationships don't last.
Original post by 5hyl33n
I think trends are one of the reasons many relationships don't last.

that is true

Quick Reply

Latest