The Student Room Group

Would you say Maths, English Literature, and Geography are good a levels?

I really like all these subjects at GCSE and want to do them at A level, but I just want to ask for other people's opinions on whether these choices will be useful. For university, I'm not too sure what I want to do, I have a couple ideas such as marketing or something to do with geography (idk what) but I'm not committed to any idea yet. So will these options keep opportunities for me when I have to decide?

ALSO, is English Literature super work heavy?? Because I've got a lot of mixed opinions. Thank youu!
Original post by georgia10201
I really like all these subjects at GCSE and want to do them at A level, but I just want to ask for other people's opinions on whether these choices will be useful. For university, I'm not too sure what I want to do, I have a couple ideas such as marketing or something to do with geography (idk what) but I'm not committed to any idea yet. So will these options keep opportunities for me when I have to decide?

ALSO, is English Literature super work heavy?? Because I've got a lot of mixed opinions. Thank youu!

Hi @georgia10201 !

My advice would be to definitely choose what subjects you will enjoy the most. Your choices sound like a great variety for keeping options open in the future! If you ever wanted to look more into doing a marketing degree, here at Edge Hill there are no specific subject requirements so it is certainly an option. Like I said, these subjects can help to keep your options in the future open so you don't have to commit to anything yet but the most important thing is that you are happy with your chosen subjects!

Best of luck!! :smile:

Emily
Second Year Creative Writing Student

Quick Reply

Latest