The Student Room Group

Changing course

I applied to study children’s nursing in September. I was torn between this and midwifery. I’ve been accepted to study children’s nursing coke September. However since the pregnancy and birth of my first child I’ve changed my mind and now really have the desire to study midwifery. What do people think the chances are of them letting me swap courses ? I have wrote a strong email explaining all my points and reasons as to why I want to change. Thanks!
Original post by mega2906
I applied to study children’s nursing in September. I was torn between this and midwifery. I’ve been accepted to study children’s nursing coke September. However since the pregnancy and birth of my first child I’ve changed my mind and now really have the desire to study midwifery. What do people think the chances are of them letting me swap courses ? I have wrote a strong email explaining all my points and reasons as to why I want to change. Thanks!

Hello @mega2906

I hope you're well. As long as you meet the entry requirements to be able to study midwifery and they have enough space on this course for September 2023 I don't see why not as child nursing is a healthcare course as well, so there will be some similarities! As long as you are able to show that you know they key differences in the roles and responsibilities for a midwife and a children's nurse it should hopefully be fine!

Best of luck! :smile:
Jade
Cov Uni Student Ambassador - 3rd Year Student Midwife
Reply 2
Original post by Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Hello @mega2906

I hope you're well. As long as you meet the entry requirements to be able to study midwifery and they have enough space on this course for September 2023 I don't see why not as child nursing is a healthcare course as well, so there will be some similarities! As long as you are able to show that you know they key differences in the roles and responsibilities for a midwife and a children's nurse it should hopefully be fine!

Best of luck! :smile:
Jade
Cov Uni Student Ambassador - 3rd Year Student Midwife

Thank you for your response ! I’ve been communicating with the university today via email ,
hopefully I’ve got an interview for midwifery , they are just clarifying with the head of department. Although there is several other applicants on the waiting list. Any tips / ideas of how I can make myself really stand out? And would I be automatically put at the bottom of the list even if my interview goes really well?
Original post by mega2906
Thank you for your response ! I’ve been communicating with the university today via email ,
hopefully I’ve got an interview for midwifery , they are just clarifying with the head of department. Although there is several other applicants on the waiting list. Any tips / ideas of how I can make myself really stand out? And would I be automatically put at the bottom of the list even if my interview goes really well?

Hey @mega2906

You're welcome :smile: Oh that sounds great, I hope you'll be able to get an interview!

1. Have knowledge of current midwifery affairs such as the Ockendon report and East Kent report
2. Show you really understand differences between child nursing and midwifery
3. Be able to clearly show your passion for midwifery
4. Be confident and enthusiastic

I wouldn't be able to answer that question as I am not sure of that university processes but let's hope not!

Best of luck anyway,
Jade :smile:
Cov Uni Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending