The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Natural Sciences without A-level maths

hhh
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by yummybenzene
Currently finalising my 5th choice and thinking of maybe applying for UCL NatSci as I like the course and that it is in London. My A-levels are biology, chemistry, and geography (all predicted grades meet the requirements) but they say that they prefer the third A-level to be either another science or maths, so would you say that it's worth the risk to apply to UCL NatSci? I have also noticed that the Organic Chemistry stream (which I would likely take were I to get a UCL offer) recommends (but does not require) AS-level maths, which I haven't done, so how much would this disadvantage me during the course or even in terms of getting an offer?

Any advice about the course and UCL overall would be greatly appreciated as I'm not sure if it's worth risking my 5th choice with UCL - for context, I have two offers currently (Bristol and Bath, biochemistry and natural sciences respectively) and still waiting for Imperial (also biochemistry) so maybe it's just worth applying for a "safe" choice? But then again I'm not even sure I would accept an offer from a "safe" choice so I'm not sure that's worth it either :/

If you don't think you'd accept a safe offer and you already have two offers, then there is probably not much point in going for a safe offer, especially if you're quite confident in your grades. As a note, you may be able to self-teach the content of AS Maths before you go, especially the most relevant parts, if this is something that concerns you.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending