The Student Room Group

Wait until 2024 to do the course I want, or go with the 2-year course now?

I stopped my first course in 2021, having completed no modules due to a lot of complications.
Could I still do a 3 year course, despite having used my tuition and maintenance loan on 1 year already?

Rather, would I still be able to get a tuition and maintenance loan for those 3 new years?
The work produced by students doing BA (Hons) 3D Animation and Visual Effects at Hertfordshire seems so good!

I'm worried I made a devastating mistake after misunderstanding info & advice found & given on gov. uk & from student support.

I'm pretty much all set to begin a 2-year intensive course.
But both course providers (SAE and ACM) offering a 2 year course apparently have abysmal rankings I have doubts.

My gut says: go with the 2 year course for now, with a plan to ensure I meet or surpass quality of work seen at Hertfordshire.
Otherwise I may have to wait until Sept 2024 to do the course I want - something I'm not prepared to do. Not now at least.
(edited 8 months ago)
Mate idk if I'm right in saying this but reapply.
Spend the year out, work on yourself (get work experience & build hobbies), make a little £££
Go back into uni studying a course you ACTUALLY want.
Students get 3 years plus a gift year.
Reply 3
I searched gift year, found this and feel both relieved and frustrated to learn about this so late T_T
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/going-back-to-uni-or-repeating-a-year

Thank you
Original post by random_matt
Students get 3 years plus a gift year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending