The Student Room Group
Leeds Arts University
Leeds Arts University
Leeds

Graphic Design Portfolio

Hi I'm applying for 2024 entry and about to send off my ucas application.

For the portfolio, does anyone know if its a website or pdf type portfolio? The entry requirements page specifies files totalling 30mb which seem pretty small. It also says maximum 6 examples - does this mean 6 projects or something else?

Any clarification/help/examples would be great.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi I'm applying for 2024 entry and about to send off my ucas application.

For the portfolio, does anyone know if its a website or pdf type portfolio? The entry requirements page specifies files totalling 30mb which seem pretty small. It also says maximum 6 examples - does this mean 6 projects or something else?

Any clarification/help/examples would be great.

If they're specifying a file size then you'll probably need to upload a pdf. 30Mb should be plenty for a 10-15 page pdf - and that would give you over 2 pages for each project

Learning how to condense a pdf file size should be a pretty basic graphic design skill I would have thought
(edited 3 months ago)
Leeds Arts University
Leeds Arts University
Leeds
Hi,

It's great to hear you are applying for 2024 entry. If you contact our Admissions team at [email protected] they will be able to help with specific guidance. If you have any more questions about the university please feel free to message or reply to this comment.

Thanks,
Leeds Arts Rep 🙂
Guidance says "a maximum of six examples of" and then gives a list of things they look for.

Would you / did you interpret that as six slides in total, or up to six examples of each of the different assessment objectives? Hoping it will be clearer when I get onto the image portal. The written instructions are not clear at all.

FYI The info on their website says:
"In general terms however, we would expect to see a maximum of six examples of the following:
Different approaches to drawing and image making
Sketch book pages or development sheets Examples of work that demonstrate the visual communication of ideas, opinions, content and messages
At this stage in your career we would much rather see experimental and innovative developmental work rather than all finished work"

If it's six slides total, then it's going to be very crammed in and look rubbish.
Original post by EmilyJane13579
Guidance says "a maximum of six examples of" and then gives a list of things they look for.

Would you / did you interpret that as six slides in total, or up to six examples of each of the different assessment objectives? Hoping it will be clearer when I get onto the image portal. The written instructions are not clear at all.

FYI The info on their website says:
"In general terms however, we would expect to see a maximum of six examples of the following:
Different approaches to drawing and image making
Sketch book pages or development sheets Examples of work that demonstrate the visual communication of ideas, opinions, content and messages
At this stage in your career we would much rather see experimental and innovative developmental work rather than all finished work"

If it's six slides total, then it's going to be very crammed in and look rubbish.

That sounds like they want 6 slides.
At one point leeds arts used to ask for 2 sides of A4 maximum for a mini portfolio.

Don’t cram in work. Provide what you have been asked for presented well. They can always ask for additional work if they need it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending