The Student Room Group

Oxford Creative Writing MSt 2024

Hello!

I applied to the Oxford Creative Writing MSt program in January and was wondering if anyone has gotten an interview, as of yet? I couldn’t find a forum for this and figured I’d create one! Would love to discuss the admissions process w/ anyone currently awaiting news, like I am.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I also applied and haven't heard anything yet
I haven't heard back either
Same nothing, application status still 'ready for assessment'
Also nothing!
I just got an email with a survey. I almost had a heart attack. Still nothing about the outcome of my application though.
Original post by mariathelinguist
I just got an email with a survey. I almost had a heart attack. Still nothing about the outcome of my application though.

Same
Reply 7
Same re the survey lol! How annoying
I have an interview scheduled for next week. I got the invitation 14th Feb.
Congratulations! When did you apply?
Congratulations! When did you apply?

Thank you! I think it was end of December.
Oh do you think it's fair to assume that if I haven't heard back yet it means a rejection? I applied a week before the January deadline. I don't want to read to much into that, but I just have this feeling they deal with the successful applicants first.
Too much*
Impossible to say - we also don't know the 'anonymous' person is telling the truth - people troll in these forums a lot.
Hmm it's getting kind of late already though, so I'm expecting the worst 😕
On the other hand... I wouldn't be surprised if this year the course were even more popular due to all the publicity...
So it would make sense if they needed extra time and took longer than usual
So it would make sense if they needed extra time and took longer than usual

How you're feeling is totally understandable. No news is good news (fingers crossed)
Oh do you think it's fair to assume that if I haven't heard back yet it means a rejection? I applied a week before the January deadline. I don't want to read to much into that, but I just have this feeling they deal with the successful applicants first.

I definitely wouldn't say that! Only a rejection email is a rejection. I was on the verge of sending an email to the admin to get an idea of the timeline - but on the page site it says 8-10 weeks after the deadline for a final decision. There's still plenty of time.
Reply 19
Original post by Anonymous #3
I have an interview scheduled for next week. I got the invitation 14th Feb.

Congrats! If you don’t mind me asking, what school/college did you apply to?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending