The Student Room Group

Is it possible to get a first if i got a 2:2 in second year?

I got a 59.25 average for my second year which is 2:2, and lost the 2:1 for 0.75 marks. My grades were 55, 59, 62, and 62. My degree’s grade will be calculated from second (weighting 40%) and third (weighting 60%) year.
The grades for 2:1 are between 60-69% and 1st over 70%.
I know that it is relatively easier to get a 2:1, because I’m close to it, but is there a chance to get 1st, and if so what grades should i be aiming for if i’ll be doing 3 full-year topics (30 credits each) and 2 half-year (15 credits each, one done in semester 1, and another in semester 2).
Also, just for context, my second year’s grades were calculated only from mid-summer exams. Next year i’ll have both assignments and exams.
Reply 1
Original post by LucyFr02
I got a 59.25 average for my second year which is 2:2, and lost the 2:1 for 0.75 marks. My grades were 55, 59, 62, and 62. My degree’s grade will be calculated from second (weighting 40%) and third (weighting 60%) year.
The grades for 2:1 are between 60-69% and 1st over 70%.
I know that it is relatively easier to get a 2:1, because I’m close to it, but is there a chance to get 1st, and if so what grades should i be aiming for if i’ll be doing 3 full-year topics (30 credits each) and 2 half-year (15 credits each, one done in semester 1, and another in semester 2).
Also, just for context, my second year’s grades were calculated only from mid-summer exams. Next year i’ll have both assignments and exams.

You’ll need a consistent 78% in all modules to get 78% in your final year in order to successfully get an overall first of 70.50%, after considering the weightings and grades of both years. Here’s the link to try it out and other grade calculations: https://gradecalc.co.uk/uni/undergraduate-degree
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 2
Thank you! :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by LucyFr02
Thank you! :smile:

You’re welcome and good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending