The Student Room Group

Can I study both Nat5 and Scottish higher in S5?

Cuz I have only came to Scotland in S5 as I studied before in China,I think with Nat5 grades, it can make me more competitive when applying universities. Btw, my dream school is Cambridge economics,can anyone give me some advice? Thanks a lot
Reply 1
As long as u study Higher maths and English +3 others in S5 you'll be competitive for every school in the country. Most uni's recognise that some schools skip Nat 5's and do Highers. Nat 5's are just a stepping stone into Highers so aren't necessary for uni entry. Just make sure u understand the Nat 5 content before moving onto the higher content.
Reply 2
Original post by TDCTV
As long as u study Higher maths and English +3 others in S5 you'll be competitive for every school in the country. Most uni's recognise that some schools skip Nat 5's and do Highers. Nat 5's are just a stepping stone into Highers so aren't necessary for uni entry. Just make sure u understand the Nat 5 content before moving onto the higher content.

Thanks for replying, though do I have to submit other grades to the uni to replace Nat5’s grades?
Reply 3
Original post by wandizhang
Thanks for replying, though do I have to submit other grades to the uni to replace Nat5’s grades?

no, you'd just have to submit ur higher grades. and the Advanced Highers you do next year.
Reply 4
Original post by TDCTV

no, you'd just have to submit ur higher grades. and the Advanced Highers you do next year.

got it ,thanks a lot
Reply 5
Original post by TDCTV

sorry to disturb you again, i wanna ask: without N5 grades and any grades that can replace it can I apply jobs after I graduated from uni?
Reply 6
Original post by wandizhang
sorry to disturb you again, i wanna ask: without N5 grades and any grades that can replace it can I apply jobs after I graduated from uni?
im pretty sure most employers would only look at ur uni degree, and ur Higher English grade. But it depends

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending