The Student Room Group

History and Politics As level

Hi, I’m doing both history and politics AS level in year 12 but I’m unsure why I’m unable to get As and just about manage to get Bs. I remember all the facts but it just seems like I don’t know where or when to put them in my answers or how to analyse them. Does anyone know how I can improve drastically or even gradually?
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Original post by yb21
Hi, I’m doing both history and politics AS level in year 12 but I’m unsure why I’m unable to get As and just about manage to get Bs. I remember all the facts but it just seems like I don’t know where or when to put them in my answers or how to analyse them. Does anyone know how I can improve drastically or even gradually?

i found a lot of it to be exam technique between an A and a B. an easy was to analyse your information is saying things like this is significant because... or when you do extracts in politics comment on whether the ideas presented are relevant or use examples in politics today if that makes sense. for history youve got to expand on what youre saying. like if you comment that the economy was doing poor you could comment on how that reflected on the government and its leader. also conclusions and introductions are important as well!!!

hope that helps!
Reply 3
Original post by Bellastar.g
i found a lot of it to be exam technique between an A and a B. an easy was to analyse your information is saying things like this is significant because... or when you do extracts in politics comment on whether the ideas presented are relevant or use examples in politics today if that makes sense. for history youve got to expand on what youre saying. like if you comment that the economy was doing poor you could comment on how that reflected on the government and its leader. also conclusions and introductions are important as well!!!

hope that helps!

Thank you!!!

Quick Reply

Latest