The Student Room Group

Was I wrong

Everything I did for her was out of love… I would pick and drop her off work/uni/home during the day and night. Ensure that she was well fed and took care of especially when she needed me the most for example when she had headaches, migraines she was able to get peaceful rest, had her medicine to get better be in attendance to the appointments I could take her to. Even supporting her in academia work finding and job hunting to why she may gain a permanent role in a legal association at the end of her internship. Giving her non stop unconditional affection and attention even though she said herself she doesn’t want my attention or just doesn’t like it. Treated her as my princess gifting her where I felt like it. Yet we made a promise to not leave each other and she did over a text I made to her friend saying “I might leave her to be honest” in all intention even her friend knew just to give her some personal space and to be to herself due to how she has been behaving recently towards me. As a result she considered it an embarrassment for saying so yet she angrily vented her frustration over text, removed me from socials forgetting where we had got to in our relationship 18 months in and the fact we were planning for our future and this is hardship. Was I wrong to tell her friend, will she come back.
Why the flip would you say that? “I might leave her to be honest” - she definitely got there before you… just imagine you found out ur partner said that about you having doubts about the relationship- she’s obviously not going to wait for you to make your mind up - so she broke it off first (hurts less if you break it off first) so why did you doubt the relationship? If you treated her like a goddess?
You shot yourself in the foot having doubts about your relationship and texting her friend about leaving. I don't know her as a person but if my other half said that I would be in a right mind to cut you off too.

As the saying goes, you've made your bed now go lay in it (without her by your side might I add)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending