The Student Room Group

Not enjoying my job

I haven't been at my job long (4 months) however really don't enjoy it and have decided that it's not what I want to do for a career. However, when I have probation meetings I end up saying yes when I'm asked if I'm enjoying the job when really I'm looking for other jobs. It's like there's some sort of block when it comes to saying how I really feel and then it'll come as a big surprise when I do quit, which I don't really want either. Any advice for how best to handle this?
Original post by eldorado14
I haven't been at my job long (4 months) however really don't enjoy it and have decided that it's not what I want to do for a career. However, when I have probation meetings I end up saying yes when I'm asked if I'm enjoying the job when really I'm looking for other jobs. It's like there's some sort of block when it comes to saying how I really feel and then it'll come as a big surprise when I do quit, which I don't really want either. Any advice for how best to handle this?

What is it that you dont enjoy about your job? Is it something that can be changed/sorted so that you do enjoy it? Or is it that you dont enjoy that line of work in general?
Are you due to have any more probation meetings?
If it is something that can be changed/sorted at work to make you enjoy your job then id speak to them (maybe at your next probation meeting). Otherwise if its just that you generally dont enjoy your job/the type of work, then its up to you if you say anything at the probation meetings or not. Maybe best to be honest with them though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending