The Student Room Group

Driven out from my dream job

I work in a company which I really enjoy, I've always considered it to be my dream job.

However management are put off my by introverted personality, no one on my team are introverts. I am at the brink of losing my position ... I'm nice, kind, friendly and work really hard.

I feel so hurt, that my personality and the way I am could affect my career in this company which I enjoy.

I've learned now that there isn't such thing as a dream job.

One day, I will be fired from my role.

Any advice..how can I heal and move on from this situation?
Original post by Anonymous
I work in a company which I really enjoy, I've always considered it to be my dream job.

However management are put off my by introverted personality, no one on my team are introverts. I am at the brink of losing my position ... I'm nice, kind, friendly and work really hard.

I feel so hurt, that my personality and the way I am could affect my career in this company which I enjoy.

I've learned now that there isn't such thing as a dream job.

One day, I will be fired from my role.

Any advice..how can I heal and move on from this situation?

The title of this thread is "Driven out from my dream job", but you haven't said how you're being driven out. What actions are they taking which you make you feel that you're "at the brink of losing my position"?

Also, being driven out means them taking actions which make you leave. But later you say, "One day, I will be fired from my role." That's not being driven out. If you were to be fired, what would be the reason they would give?
Reply 2
Haven't you posted all this before about being introverted; if so, have you followed all the advice you were given?

Why can't you do the same job with another company?
Reply 3
You can still be introverted whilst expressing yourself more.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending