The Student Room Group

Will DSA help finance towards and Ipad or a similar devise?

Hi,

I am an estranged disabled student. I have been diagnosed with anxiety, depression, dyslexia and ADHD and no support from my family. I just completed a foundation year that was intended for English and Creative Writing degree however after speaking with a careers advisor found that I want to pursue a career in animation so I have changed my course to Animation. I have had a DSA assessment last year but that was before my dyslexia and ADHD diagnosis' and before I decided to change courses. Part of my condition is feeling overwhelmed and at times too anxious or depressed to leave my house. I'm worrying about being able to do my animation work from home as and when this happens as I don't currently have and cannot afford an IPAD or something similar that is touch screen and would allow me to run software like adobe or procreate from home that is needed for my course. Does anyone know if DSA would help finance towards the costs of buying one because of my disabilities and course or is it completely out of the question? Thanks in advance
Reply 1
If you need the tablet / iPad because of the type of course, then I’d say no. They only help with things you need that may help you because of your disability, IE they’d part fund a laptop because you need Dragon or Daisy software to help you study. Also you have to pay the first £200.
Reply 2
Ask the DSA what help they can give you. You'll get a more informed response than asking on here.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending