The Student Room Group

durham or a (technically another) gap year and apply to lse and ucl

i have an offer for politics at durham and while i am happy i cant help but to think that i should have applied to the london unis for a different course like anthropology, as i feel theyre rlly similar and i wouldnt get much more out of doing a politics degree than an anthropology one. as im contextual, i feel like i would have a decent chance (idk) at getting offers but i just dont know whether it would be worth it to take a gap year. if i took a gap year, i would be 20 at the time of starting because i had to take a one-year gcse course as i had missed secondary school due to mental health issues and didnt complete my gcses. i feel like it would be difficult to connect w people more so than it already is for me and idk what id do in that year; it just seems wasteful to me when i could be doing something and not pushing myself back another year. i also live in london and so it would be easy for me to commute in second year or something and i could come back home very easily as opposed to durham which is like 4 hrs away from me lol. people also just view london russell group unis in a v positive manner compared to other places and its stupid but i keep thinking that maybe it would be more beneficial to study at one of them than somewhere else and i cant help but feel an overwhelming sense of regret due to this,
(edited 2 months ago)
Do not go to Durham then. Truth be told, Durham is not that great anyway.
Reply 2
Original post by random_matt
Do not go to Durham then. Truth be told, Durham is not that great anyway.

why do you say that?
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by momoiairi
why do you say that?

I went there, some of the courses have super low contact times and the city itself is meh. Go and find out yourself, you may actually like it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending