The Student Room Group

Failed my elective

I failed my elective last term (2nd year, 1st term). Absolutely devastated. It was my elective and outside of my course area and I know I failed it due to extremely poor physical health (In hospital and missed multiple classes). I know there is likely a retake and my university will be in touch and that it will be capped. Just ******** myself really. Has anyone else been in the same boat?
Original post by Anonymous
I failed my elective last term (2nd year, 1st term). Absolutely devastated. It was my elective and outside of my course area and I know I failed it due to extremely poor physical health (In hospital and missed multiple classes). I know there is likely a retake and my university will be in touch and that it will be capped. Just ******** myself really. Has anyone else been in the same boat?

Many universities have a "condonement" policy, whereby you can fail a non-core (elective) module and still be awarded credits for it, as long as it's worth not more that 20 or 30 credits, you didn't fail by more then about 10%, and you did well in your other modules. What uni are you at?
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous #1

Did you make your university aware that you've been in hospital and that it resulted in you missing teaching? Check to see whether you can belatedly put in for extenuating/mitigating circumstances. This might allow you an uncapped resit rather than a capped one.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending