The Student Room Group

International student application for uk medical courses

Hi there, I am an international student from singapore and the Alevel results have been released. I got ABB/AB. A for economics and B for both chemistry and biology. Assuming i do well for my ucat this year is it still feasible for me to stand a chance getting into a good medical course in the UK?
Original post by joshualyl
Hi there, I am an international student from singapore and the Alevel results have been released. I got ABB/AB. A for economics and B for both chemistry and biology. Assuming i do well for my ucat this year is it still feasible for me to stand a chance getting into a good medical course in the UK?
Unfortunately, the standard offer (even w achieved results) is AAA for most schools.
Original post by Tulipbloom
Unfortunately, the standard offer (even w achieved results) is AAA for most schools.
What should I do, maybe foundation program?
Original post by joshua_limyl
What should I do, maybe foundation program?
You can try look for some (most schools don't offer em to international students). Retake some of your subjects this year maybe? Would that be possible? Some schools allow for this so maybe research em. Have you talked to your uni counsellor? Maybe consider other countries?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending