The Student Room Group

Failed my resit/resit

So this is a long one…
I have been studying podiatry since 2022, I’m in first year.
Now I passed everything else - except Anatomy. I ended having to take only Anatomy this year, however on the day of the exam multiple things took place, the exam was meant to be electronic, it was changed to paper, it started 20 minuets late and that gave my OCD enough time to talk me into an absolute panic and everything I’d studied disappeared and then I found out my grandmother was dying exactly 2 minuets after the exam finished so I couldn’t put in a fit2sit as I was completely lost and not focus except on getting home to my gran.
Anyway, fast forward 2 weeks- I received my results which were 25% of course this meant I’d failed. My lecturer emailed to have a discussion about it where he said my routes were “put in an EEEC or that’s it for my career”.
Now I’m unbelievably devastated. When I tell you Podiatry is my absolute calling, I am not being dramatic. I hate everything else, every other job I’ve done, podiatry has been the first thing that’s made me feel happy to work.
I applied for the EEEC and told them everything that happened to prevent me from putting a ‘fit to sit’ in after the exam to which they responded it’d been denied because I could’ve done one before. I emailed back to say, how could I, when it happened IN THE EXAM. I am trying not to get angry but I am so frustrated that no one is listening to me. I couldn’t see into the future and know that the exam would be late etc to start?
I’ve quite literally contacted everyone and I feel as though I’m getting no where. No one is taking me seriously, no one is actually listening to me and I’m honestly hitting my breaking point.
I’ve got to the put where I feel like I’m ready to give up because what’s the point if the only thing I want to do is being taken from me.

My question is, has anyone else had this happen? If so what do I do? I don’t know if it’s a case of - you’ll never sit anatomy again or does it run out of time? Will I be able to redo in 5, 6 years or is that it for life? If so, how is this fair!
I can’t believe it and I’m honestly still trying to understand and figure it out. I can’t believe how much it’s affected me.

I’m at (or was at) Glasgow Caledonian University.
Reply 1
I would be very sceptical about proceeding with your studies at GCU . The podiatry department is infamous for failing students. Genuinely they don't loose many student's in first Yr as the clinic exam is just padding strapping however 2nd and 3rd Yr clinical exams are a different monster,mass failings every Yr. This might be a blessing as you could accumulate student debts and fail clinic.
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by Mmm27x
So this is a long one…
I have been studying podiatry since 2022, I’m in first year.
Now I passed everything else - except Anatomy. I ended having to take only Anatomy this year, however on the day of the exam multiple things took place, the exam was meant to be electronic, it was changed to paper, it started 20 minuets late and that gave my OCD enough time to talk me into an absolute panic and everything I’d studied disappeared and then I found out my grandmother was dying exactly 2 minuets after the exam finished so I couldn’t put in a fit2sit as I was completely lost and not focus except on getting home to my gran.
Anyway, fast forward 2 weeks- I received my results which were 25% of course this meant I’d failed. My lecturer emailed to have a discussion about it where he said my routes were “put in an EEEC or that’s it for my career”.
Now I’m unbelievably devastated. When I tell you Podiatry is my absolute calling, I am not being dramatic. I hate everything else, every other job I’ve done, podiatry has been the first thing that’s made me feel happy to work.
I applied for the EEEC and told them everything that happened to prevent me from putting a ‘fit to sit’ in after the exam to which they responded it’d been denied because I could’ve done one before. I emailed back to say, how could I, when it happened IN THE EXAM. I am trying not to get angry but I am so frustrated that no one is listening to me. I couldn’t see into the future and know that the exam would be late etc to start?
I’ve quite literally contacted everyone and I feel as though I’m getting no where. No one is taking me seriously, no one is actually listening to me and I’m honestly hitting my breaking point.
I’ve got to the put where I feel like I’m ready to give up because what’s the point if the only thing I want to do is being taken from me.
My question is, has anyone else had this happen? If so what do I do? I don’t know if it’s a case of - you’ll never sit anatomy again or does it run out of time? Will I be able to redo in 5, 6 years or is that it for life? If so, how is this fair!
I can’t believe it and I’m honestly still trying to understand and figure it out. I can’t believe how much it’s affected me.
I’m at (or was at) Glasgow Caledonian University.
Hi,
Sorry to hear that. Have you seen Quick Draw Anatomy for Medical Students, it simplifies anatomy into line diagrams. It may help. There's a YouTube channel by the author too (only a few videos so far)
Good luck

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending