The Student Room Group

Failing First Year

It's been a bad year for me. I didnt make the start i would've liked for uni. It affected me enough not to attend all of my campus lectures. And miss one exam. Does anyone who studies at aston uni know if they offer resits. I dont want my parents to find out i've failed first year
They do. Just check with your tutor
Reply 2
Have you definitely failed first year?

I’m also scared I’m going to fail second sem of second year
Reply 3
All unis will allow students to resit any failed modules - once. However, it's a hard slog. If you had six modules in semester 1 and the same in semester 2 then resitting 8-10 modules over a 6 or 8-week summer period is going to be tough. May be better to ask to resit the year. Will cost you an extra year at uni though.
Most universities will offer one resit attempt, which will likely be capped at 40% (although a resit may require an attempt). Probably in the summer in August.

You should contact your tutor or course director to discuss this & find out your options.

Id note that whilst embarrassing if you want the degree you’ll need to be honest with yourself about the situation & how you can address this in future years.. sometimes speaking with people can help & you can figure out how to get yourself with the right headspace & motivation to succeed next year.
(edited 11 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending