The Student Room Group

Grammarly

Hi, I’ve recently discovered Grammarly and I used it on my UCAS statement which made it read better, but can University’s tell if you’ve used it?
It’s my own writing just with a few suggestions, it would help with my writing.

Thank you.
Reply 1
The only issue you need to worry about is if your writing will be detected as AI generated. I've heard of such instances alot.
Original post by Emma115
Hi, I’ve recently discovered Grammarly and I used it on my UCAS statement which made it read better, but can University’s tell if you’ve used it?
It’s my own writing just with a few suggestions, it would help with my writing.

Thank you.

Hello Emma,

It's great that you found Grammarly helpful for improving your UCAS statement. Generally, universities expect personal statements to be your work, showcasing your writing skills and expressing your thoughts and experiences. While tools like Grammarly can provide suggestions and improvements, they shouldn't significantly alter the content or tone of your statement.

Universities typically do not have a way to detect the precise use of Grammarly or similar tools, and they might not be concerned as long as the final statement reflects your voice and ideas. However, ensuring that the personal statement remains authentic and genuinely represents you is crucial.

Regards,
MSc International Business Student.
Reply 3
Original post by Heriot-Watt Uni
Hello Emma,

It's great that you found Grammarly helpful for improving your UCAS statement. Generally, universities expect personal statements to be your work, showcasing your writing skills and expressing your thoughts and experiences. While tools like Grammarly can provide suggestions and improvements, they shouldn't significantly alter the content or tone of your statement.

Universities typically do not have a way to detect the precise use of Grammarly or similar tools, and they might not be concerned as long as the final statement reflects your voice and ideas. However, ensuring that the personal statement remains authentic and genuinely represents you is crucial.

Regards,
MSc International Business Student.

We don't 'generally' expect them to be the student's work - we at all times, 100%, certainly expect them to be their own work. There are never exceptions to this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending