The Student Room Group

Student Finance Advice

Hi all, I'm currently doing a degree in University, however, I am starting to question if I want to do the degree I am currently doing, I have found other degrees similar to what I want to do. The degree I have seen is not at the same Uni. I am almost coming up to finishing the first year of Uni. If I switch to another Uni will I have to repay all of the tuition loan and maintenance loan for the Uni I am currently at or do I only repay for the first year. Thank you
Original post by chloe.vii
Hi all, I'm currently doing a degree in University, however, I am starting to question if I want to do the degree I am currently doing, I have found other degrees similar to what I want to do. The degree I have seen is not at the same Uni. I am almost coming up to finishing the first year of Uni. If I switch to another Uni will I have to repay all of the tuition loan and maintenance loan for the Uni I am currently at or do I only repay for the first year. Thank you

If you complete the year, your tuition fee and maintenance loans will repayable under the standard repayment terms (ie after you leave uni and are earning above the threshold for your plan). If you leave before the end of the year/term, then you might need repay a proportion of your maintenance loan immediately.

Have a read through the first post of Uni Transfer FAQ thread:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1781424

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending