The Student Room Group

Help on my university choice

I have got my all my offers back for university for law and im split between two offers. It is rather the university of Huddersfield law and practice no foundation year, or law with an integrated foundation year at royal holloway. I am split between the offers as I really want to go to royal holloway as it is my dream school but I don't want to do the foundation year. So what should I do any advice?
Original post by Codywhite
I have got my all my offers back for university for law and im split between two offers. It is rather the university of Huddersfield law and practice no foundation year, or law with an integrated foundation year at royal holloway. I am split between the offers as I really want to go to royal holloway as it is my dream school but I don't want to do the foundation year. So what should I do any advice?

Talk to them about not doing foundation year. I’d give them a ring and ask them if they’d change the offer, that’s if you’d meet the grades. If not, you can always firm this offer, then on results day, ask them to change. If they aren’t willing to take you off foundation, then you can go into clearing and find another university.

Law is very competitive, it is better to go to a higher ranked university for law, as firms often take the best of the best students they have such a high volume of people to pick from.

What are your other options? Would you consider those also? What grades have they offered you and what are you expected to achieve?
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 2
Original post by greentiger
Talk to them about not doing foundation year. I’d give them a ring and ask them if they’d change the offer, that’s if you’d meet the grades. If not, you can always firm this offer, then on results day, ask them to change. If they aren’t willing to take you off foundation, then you can go into clearing and find another university.

Law is very competitive, it is better to go to a higher ranked university for law, as firms often take the best of the best students they have such a high volume of people to pick from.

What are your other options? Would you consider those also? What grades have they offered you and what are you expected to achieve?
I do a btec and my predicted grades are ddm and my other offers where Manchester met law with foundation year and Brighton full course without the foundation year
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by Codywhite
Hi there,

We're delighted that you're interested in studying at Royal Holloway. If you wanted some further advice and guidance about this, the best thing to do would be to contact our Admissions team directly here: https://www.royalholloway.ac.uk/applicationquery and they will respond as soon as possible.

You can chat to a current Law student to find out what life is really like at Royal Holloway: www.royalholloway.ac.uk/chat and sign up for more information about us here: https://royalholloway.ac.uk/studying-here/sign-up-for-more-information/

I hope this helps!

Best wishes,

Royal Holloway, University of London Rep
(edited 1 month ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending