The Student Room Group

wanting to get back into education

hey. ive wasted most my time being a dosser and want to make some big changes in my life because im at that critical decision making moment.

im not sure what GCSEs i have as i never cared at all about school and barely made attendance in yr 11. pretty sure ive got nothing to show for it anyway. i have a city & guilds degree in bricklaying though.

am at a total loss on what to do really. worried that i wont get accepted but really just need a roadmap from someone who knows the process?

thank you for your time,
- V
Reply 1
Hey,

I think the best thing to do is see what you want to do in the long run and then look at the qualifications and work backwards?

So if you’re planning on going to uni, see what the requirements are ( a lot accept Access courses in place of A levels) and then see what you need to get on the access course. If you don’t have the required GCSE’s I know some do a pre access course to get you ready for it, or maybe even functional skills course thing, or just re do the GCSE’s you need?

I’m not an expert on this but I did an access course and a few of the people on it had re done their GCSE’s to get on the course and they’re now at uni doing radiography and Nutrition.

I hope this helps 😊 x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending