The Student Room Group

Should I go over GCSE Maths or go straight into A Level?

I got a 9 in Maths, it used to be my strongest subject. But I havent done it in two/three years and now am about to start A Level maths. Should I recap what I learnt in GCSE or should I go straight into A Levels as ill likely remember/cover it again anyway?

Also, the same applies for Chem/Bio, if you could also apply your response to them, it would be greatly appreciated
Reply 1
Original post by na1050
I got a 9 in Maths, it used to be my strongest subject. But I havent done it in two/three years and now am about to start A Level maths. Should I recap what I learnt in GCSE or should I go straight into A Levels as ill likely remember/cover it again anyway?
Also, the same applies for Chem/Bio, if you could also apply your response to them, it would be greatly appreciated
Maybe do a set of gcse maths papers (one year, so 3 papers) and if you do well (solid 8), then .. If not ...

However, whatever you get, it would hardly hurt to go over the revision guides in the subjects.
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 2
Original post by na1050

I wouldn't bother.

It was 20 years before I started my Masters after my Bachelors. I did a lot of review, but to be honest it didn't make any difference. I soon got back in the swing of things. To be fair I am a math nerd and read books on it all through that 20 years.

Thanks
Bill

Quick Reply

Latest