The Student Room Group

Clearing 2024

hey! i got rejected from my top choice uni, and wondered if i could somehow get into it on clearing? clearing opens on july 5th, so if a spot became available on clearing on this day would i be able to apply for it? would i have to decline my firm choice first, and would predicted grades be enough to secure an offer? if anyone could help me that would be great, thanks! :smile:
Have you asked for further feedback on the reason you were rejected?

Will you have all your results in July or are you waiting for results in August?
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Have you asked for further feedback on the reason you were rejected?
Will you have all your results in July or are you waiting for results in August?

they just said a high volume of applicants, as my grades were above the requirements. and no i won’t have my grades yet i’ll get them in august
Original post by daisily
they just said a high volume of applicants, as my grades were above the requirements. and no i won’t have my grades yet i’ll get them in august

It would be sensible to ask for additional feedback and to ask if they might reconsider in august.

You can’t use Clearing until you have your results. At that stage you can call any university you like, but they might not have vacancies and if they do they might still say no.

To formally use clearing you have to decline any offers you hold.
If its that competitive a course, the chances of it being available in Clearing are essentially zero.

Your best plan is to wait for August, get your results and then decide if you are going to take a gap-year and reapply to your 'top choice' or if you are going to your Firm.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending