The Student Room Group

Excluded by med student Flatmates

Its been a few months since i moved into accommodation. Our entire accommodation is just for Medical, dental, and healthcare courses. My flatmates have excluded me from almost everything they do together and even when i ask to hang out they say they are busy. On the first day, they asked me what course i do, so i said im doing Physician associate Studies, and i feel like they didn't like me because of that. I try saying hi or making conversations but they either ignore me or seem disinterested. it just feels so lonely and im not sure what to do. i don't think there are any physician associate students other than me in this accommodation since we are such a small cohort. Only questions they've ever asked me is about my course, they never ask me about me as a person, or where im from, what my hobbies are, although i try to ask about there's to get to know them better. Maybe its just my insecurities talking and they really just are too busy to get to know me. its just been so lonely because i go to class 9am-5pm, i come back home its like 6pm, i have to study and prepare for tomorrow. i leave my room to cook but usually they don't try to make conversations with me but when im not in the kitchen, i hear them chatting and laughing in the kitchen till 2am.
Reply 1
Is there a possibility of changing accommodation? Try joining any socials or clubs to make other friends

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending