The Student Room Group

Which universities are best for physics?

Hi!

I want to apply for physics / astrophysics in 2025 but I'm not sure which russel groups are good for undergrad/research. I am definitely considering Imperial and Cambridge but other than that I don't know what to choose for my other 3 choices. I'm also considering Queen Mary if I somehow flop my exams, but I'm not sure how they are in physics. I would prefer if they were in London but it doesn't really matter in the end.
Reply 1
Lancaster! Further than I wanted to go from London, but very very well rated for Physics, and such a lovely campus we found when we went to take a look!
Hi,
I'm currently studying physics at Lancaster and have really enjoyed the astrophysics modules so far so if you have any questions feel free to ask! At Lancaster there's a big research focus within observational astrophysics on galaxy formation and evolution as well as on studying distant galaxies at high red-shifts. There's also research groups in particle cosmology and in space and planetary physics. Here's a link if you want to find out more: https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/physics/research/
Becky (Lancaster University student ambassador)
(edited 1 month ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending