The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I like them but they're too expensive to get them in toric. the cheapest place to get contacts is specsavers.co.uk and order them online.
Reply 3

Offer is only available is US and Canada
Reply 4
oh yea. sorry bout that. but anyway, unless u get an eye exam, the lenses can give u ulcers etc :eek:
Reply 5
magiccarpet
oh yea. sorry bout that. but anyway, unless u get an eye exam, the lenses can give u ulcers etc :eek:

If you dont clean your lenses properly then you increase your chances of getting infections yes. Plus if you dont have lenses that properlyfit you they will be very uncomfortable and its unlikely you would keep them in for long.
Reply 6
i dono. i've wanted some for ages. i think blue lenses look great on dark skin. but the cost of the solution, the lenses, the checkups all would come to around £30 month, surely
Reply 7
Depends if your getting monthlys, dailies or weeklies.

http://www.specsavers.co.uk/cgi-bin/strudwick.sh/s?langid=1&pfmt=1&siteid=22&pname=instore.html

Provide solutions, aftercare and 2 spares in case you lose a lense for £17.50 a month.
Reply 8
frost105
Depends if your getting monthlys, dailies or weeklies.

http://www.specsavers.co.uk/cgi-bin/strudwick.sh/s?langid=1&pfmt=1&siteid=22&pname=instore.html

Provide solutions, aftercare and 2 spares in case you lose a lense for £17.50 a month.

:eek:

thanks that's a good deal!
why arent u getting any?
Reply 9
magiccarpet
:eek:

thanks that's a good deal!
why arent u getting any?

Cause the toric coloured lenses are about £30 a month and I dont see the point so stick to my plain lenses. Anyhow I have quite a cool eye colour.
Reply 10
what is toric? sounds like a brown colour?? :confused:
Reply 11
magiccarpet
what is toric? sounds like a brown colour?? :confused:

They are for when you have a astigmatism (funny shaped lense). requires special lenses to help correct/accommodate it.
Reply 12
I used to get coloured ones for £40 a month for 3 months supply from specsavers. back to normal ones now.
Reply 13
for astigamatism, cant you just wear 0.00 normal lenses then glasses when you need to read etc?

and as for less than three, dont you think indians/black women look better with blue eyes?
Reply 14
magiccarpet
for astigamatism, cant you just wear 0.00 normal lenses then glasses when you need to read etc?

No cause I'm short sighted too. Plus I would still have to have special lenses so that i can gat a fine focus on things.
Reply 15
magiccarpet

and as for less than three, dont you think indians/black women look better with blue eyes?

I'm black and i think it looks silly when black girls wear blue lenses. :rolleyes:
Reply 16
Sarky
I'm black and i think it looks silly when black girls wear blue lenses. :rolleyes:

Eye colour should suit the rest of someones colouring else you'll be talking to people but they wont hear what your saying cause they'll be staring at ur freaky eyes!
Reply 17
hmmm
my pic is on my profile. do you think i shouold get blue lenses?
i just want blue lenses but im not sure how it'll look. my other pakistani friends have green lenses which look as though they could be natural and they look ok
Reply 18
lessthanthree
I don't see the long term point on changing your eye colour - people generally tend to suit their eye colour.QUOTE]

hehe :smile:
Reply 19
magiccarpet
anyone wear them?
what do you think of them?

im sort of indian looking and i wana get some blue ones.

also, how much roughly do you spend on them per month?
opinions?
I don't wear them but I've toyed with the idea of getting some green ones and blue ones as well (just for fun). I think they're cool for short term experimentation, but it just isn't right if you want to "change" your eye colour permanently.

I've had a friend who tried wearing a green contact in one eye and a blue one in the other. Needless to say, everyone was staring at her but she must've enjoyed the attention. :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending