The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

does any one know the grade boundaries?
Reply 61
Chardonae_Rowen
does any one know the grade boundaries?

We've basically estimated at between 43-53 for an A in this paper.
Reply 62
I wish we could get a copy of the paper!!!
QBC123
if those are all the marks you lost then you are still looking at possibly 90 UMS!

Yeah,but I got a B in Bio in AS and am trying to pull that up to an A:o:
oh you no the respiration question which were the 2 that didnt produce ATP i said B (links) and cant memba the other 1 ??
Reply 65
Chardonae_Rowen
oh you no the respiration question which were the 2 that didnt produce ATP i said B (links) and cant memba the other 1 ??

Um, I did those two letters associated with anaerobic respiration. That wasn't the glycolysis stage.
Think i said B and D or B and C
cant quite remember tbh :s-smilie:
Reply 67
SSingh23
You get the 300% difference by doing: 400%(females)-100%(males).
You get the 75% difference by doing: 100%(females)-25%(males).

Technically, both differences are correct as the ratio is 4:1 in both. I wrote 75%, but it's possible that both answers might be accepted.

well yes you are right, but if you look at past papers, all the difference questions are less than 100%...only percentage increase is sometimes more than hundred...i seriously doubt them accepting both:eyeball: , they never do that...the edexcel people are quite picky to be honest:yep:
:rolleyes:
oh yh i said B and the one from pyruvate to ethanal so i think it was D/C cant memba thats kl tho! gd luck everyone
and to the above edexcel are the most picky exam board indeed you are more likely to be 1 mark away from an A with them than any other so i doubt they would ever have to answers!
for the last respiration question did anyone get A, B, C?
Reply 71
@chardonae
and yes in my june exams, if i had got 2 marks more for each paper i would have got one grade higher for all except one!!!and most missed by 1 mark!
and i remember once in the 2007 paper i think for glycolysis, there was a question on where is ATP produced, in the flowchart there were 2 options from PGAL to G3P and G3P to pyruvate...but they only accepted the second one!!! i have no idea why

edit: i removed the D (link reaction) thing to stop confusing people
isn't the link reaction in the matrix of the mitchondrion?
Reply 73
What was the last respiration question again? Yes, I thought the link reaction was in the matrix of the mitochondrion.
Reply 74
Medicine Man
isn't the link reaction in the matrix of the mitchondrion?

yes it does...i just realised...i got it wrong...:frown:
its ok its just a mark anyway...
yeah i've made so many silly mistakes
the pituitary gland one
my essay wasn't up to scratch - prob got 7/8 for it
Prob lost marks with some of the "describe this graph" questions.
Lost a few silly mark here and there.

Hope I can get an A. If i do well in this, I'll only need a D and and E in the summer to get an A overall. Will give me more time to focus on physics, maths and chemistry which do require the time and effort.
what is showed the whole of respiration not just glycolysis and asked where no ATP was released - hence the Links reaction and the pyruvate - ethanal i dont know what you lot mean lol

erm the last question was ... what is in the cytoplasm so it was A - glycolysis
Reply 77
Anybody doing bio 6? arghh its nextw week...
did anyone do bio 5 yesterday? how did you find it?
Reply 78
Chardonae_Rowen
what is showed the whole of respiration not just glycolysis and asked where no ATP was released - hence the Links reaction and the pyruvate - ethanal i dont know what you lot mean lol

erm the last question was ... what is in the cytoplasm so it was A - glycolysis

They asked for only 2 where no ATP was produced and basically that was the two steps of Pyruvate to Ethanol in anaerobic respiration!

and for the last one they asked for stages (plural) it wasn't just A it was everything before the link reaction! I think there 3-4 letters?! THIS IS WHY A COPY OF THE PAPER WOULD BE USEFUL!!
no because ethanal - ethanol provides energy for 2 ATP hence the 2% efficiency if the two steps yielded no ATP how would their be any ATP for anything! and so respiration would cease regardless!!

Latest

Trending

Trending