The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

So sorry, rooms have been filled
(edited 8 years ago)
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Original post by MMuirhead
Hiya, I'm a UEA fresher this year and after not got getting any on campus accommodation this year, myself and 2 other freshers found a place 15 mins from the uni. To secure it we need 2 other freshers who'd be willing to move in. If anyone's interested please give me a shout by Thursday, or if you want any information :smile: really hope to hear from someone :smile:

Hello!

I'd be interested! I'm in the same boat and am a fresher starting in September. How can I get in touch?
Original post by MMuirhead
Hiya, I'm a UEA fresher this year and after not got getting any on campus accommodation this year, myself and 2 other freshers found a place 15 mins from the uni. To secure it we need 2 other freshers who'd be willing to move in. If anyone's interested please give me a shout by Thursday, or if you want any information :smile: really hope to hear from someone :smile:

If you haven't already, try posting on homerun you might have better luck there :smile:
Hi everyone!

I have no idea what accom to apply for! I want it to be sociable but not too noisy, have enough personal space, decent kitchen and bathroom (don't mind sharing!). But these are my options so far (as I'm doing a health sciences course):

-constable terrace
-Nelson court
- Suffolk terrace
-Wolfson close

I would be absolutely grateful if you guys could make any good recommendations!

Thank you 😊 xx
Original post by smartyparty
Hi everyone!

I have no idea what accom to apply for! I want it to be sociable but not too noisy, have enough personal space, decent kitchen and bathroom (don't mind sharing!). But these are my options so far (as I'm doing a health sciences course):

-constable terrace
-Nelson court
- Suffolk terrace
-Wolfson close

Thank you 😊 xx

You can't actually specify which building u want to be in on the application form just the type (eq en suite campus, village ect) 😉

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi everyone!

-constable terrace
-Nelson court
- Suffolk terrace
-Wolfson close

Thank you 😊 xx

Have you checked that they have room as you are applying so late? And that you can specify a hall? Personally I would avoid Nelson Court if you are a health student because it can get noisy at LCR finishing time
Original post by jelly1000
Have you checked that they have room as you are applying so late? And that you can specify a hall? Personally I would avoid Nelson Court if you are a health student because it can get noisy at LCR finishing time

Well I got a place through clearing and when I asked them about any vacancies, they told me to just book a room online. So I'm not entirely sure if they have any vacancies now😓. Would you recommend the student halls or the two bedroom unit? I haven't been to any open days yet for uea but jm planning to soon, so I'm really unsure of which type of accom is best.
Original post by ahcambridge97
You can't actually specify which building u want to be in on the application form just the type (eq en suite campus, village ect) 😉

Posted from TSR Mobile

So could I specify the Two bedroom unit or the standard single ziggurat? Is the two bedroom unit not part of the halls? Thank you 😊 xx
Well I got a place through clearing and when I asked them about any vacancies, they told me to just book a room online. So I'm not entirely sure if they have any vacancies now😓. Would you recommend the student halls or the two bedroom unit? I haven't been to any open days yet for uea but jm planning to soon, so I'm really unsure of which type of accom is best.

Oh I see. I wouldn't reccomend the two bedroom uni as an undergraduate no, ideally you want flatmates
So could I specify the Two bedroom unit or the standard single ziggurat? Is the two bedroom unit not part of the halls? Thank you 😊 xx

Yes u can specify either of them (you actually have to put them all down in order of preference :smile: ) and the two bed unit IS a part of halls 😃 xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jelly1000
Oh I see. I wouldn't reccomend the two bedroom uni as an undergraduate no, ideally you want flatmates

Okay so that one is crossed off the list. It's down to: The standard single ziggurat, the standard single campus or the standard twin premium? Any suggestions of which ones best? 😁
Original post by ahcambridge97
Yes u can specify either of them (you actually have to put them all down in order of preference :smile: ) and the two bed unit IS a part of halls 😃 xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh okay. Thank you! 😃 xxx
Okay so that one is crossed off the list. It's down to: The standard single ziggurat, the standard single campus or the standard twin premium? Any suggestions of which ones best? 😁

Hey, some points to note.

The ziggurat rooms have sinks, ssc don't. The ziggurats tend to be reasonably lively and the ssc are often noted as quieter with a nice community feel. The ssc have a room with multiple shower cubicles whereas the ziggurats have conventional bathrooms so you have the room to yourself when showering, which has a toilet and sink in too. Ziggurats have a lovely view of the lake. They can get hot in the summer. Ziggurats are a little more central to campus. If the twin rooms are the ziggurat ones, the room has a dividing wall and curtain so you have your own space to sleep, dress etc.

Mostly, the atmosphere depends on who you happen to get as flatmates.

Xxx
Original post by kpwxx
Hey, some points to note.

The ziggurat rooms have sinks, ssc don't. The ziggurats tend to be reasonably lively and the ssc are often noted as quieter with a nice community feel. The ssc have a room with multiple shower cubicles whereas the ziggurats have conventional bathrooms so you have the room to yourself when showering, which has a toilet and sink in too. Ziggurats have a lovely view of the lake. They can get hot in the summer. Ziggurats are a little more central to campus. If the twin rooms are the ziggurat ones, the room has a dividing wall and curtain so you have your own space to sleep, dress etc.

Mostly, the atmosphere depends on who you happen to get as flatmates.

Xxx

How many people approx do you share the bathroom and kitchen in the ziggurat rooms? Thank you for your help!!😊
How many people approx do you share the bathroom and kitchen in the ziggurat rooms? Thank you for your help!!😊

It depends as the flats vary in size, but iirc the most is either 12 or 14. They would share one kitchen and two bathrooms plus an additional toilet. It sounds like a lot, however, people always say it works out fine - everyone showers and cooks at different times since different courses are placed together. People have said on here that they've gone the whole year only waiting for a shower maybe once?

Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not sure if anyone can help but our flat is currently quite confused.
How is Block A of the ziggurats set out? Is one floor one flat or are there multiple floors that share a kitchen/bathrooms?
I'm Floor 0 if that makes a difference?
Thanks x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey,
I hope this is the right place to post this but I'm not too sure.
If any of you want off campus accommodation or have not found anywhere yet then I could help you.
I know there's a room left at Portland House on Prince of Wales Road. It's about a 5 minute walk from the train station and near to all the major clubs.
It'll be sharing a kitchen with others and the room has an en-suite bathroom.
Please contact me via message if you're interested and I can give you the contact details as it's obviously on a first come first served basis.

Anyone know if you can use metal in the microwave ovens in the ziggurats ?
Original post by Laura57
Anyone know if you can use metal in the microwave ovens in the ziggurats ?

On the oven setting, yes. Just not on the microwave setting I think
i didn't get an offer for accommodation as i must have missed the deadline date, has anyone possibly got a spare room going that i might be able to stay in? i'll keep it clean and i'll help out as much as i can, and i won't ever be late on payments

Latest

Trending

Trending