The Student Room Group
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde

Strathclyde for Business.

I've applied to Strathclyde. My A levels are all complicated i already have 1 at grade A im predicted 2 B's this year. I applied for first year entry, they want BBC. I read in the back of the prospectus that if you have a levels and you get high grades you can go straight into the second year.
Is it too late now, would i have had to apply for second year entry on my ucas form? Would ABB be high enough to go onto the second year or by high grades do they mean 3 A's?
Thanks for any help.

EDIT- The uni have taken the exam board of my Business A level so they can see if the stuff i've covered is relevent to what is studied in the first year. My business teacher has told me it is, so i'm keeping my fingers crossed for an offer to go straight into the second year. That would be good, wouldn't it? Does anyone think it would be a bad idea to skip the first year?
Reply 1
you should probably call them and ask them yourself to get a straight answer.
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde
Reply 2
I think i need to call anyway, i got my offer just after Christmas and haven't had a letter or an email to confirm it.
Reply 3
You don't get letters through after offers. Well I didn't.

You can view letters on UCAS, but they don't send them and once all unis reply to you UCAS send out another letter to you informing you when to make your decision by, Then once you make a decision UCAS send another letter to you saying what your firm and insurance, if needed are.

I would phone and ask if 2nd year entry appeals to you though :smile: Although there was a entry box when filling out the ucas form.
Reply 4
The uni have taken the exam board of my Business A level so they can see if the stuff i've covered is relevent to what is studied in the first year. My business teacher has told me it is, so i'm keeping my fingers crossed for an offer to go straight into the second year. That would be good, wouldn't it? Does anyone think it would be a bad idea to skip the first year?

Latest

Trending

Trending