The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

can someone give me the names of some "friendly non-snobbish lively" halls at nottz??

hi

i want to apply for accomidation in the next week and a half or so...

can someone give me the names of some friendly close knit halls, that arent populated heavily by toffs, im not a rich kid and im not rude abnoxious p**k, im not saying that all rich kids are, but alot of them...

i know i want en-suite, catered and on university park.....
:smile:

someone please help
Reply 1
Ok, please get over this obsession that so many people have on this board about avoiding 'rich kids.'!

Most people at uni will be living off their student loan from the government + income from part-time jobs, and in every hall there will be a large mix of people. If you can't stand living in the same hall as somebody whose parents have fairly high salaries / went to private school then please get over yourself and stop being so judgemental. The fact that you want ensuite suggests you have lots of money anyway, and your arrogance really comes across as suggesting you're more of a "rude obnoxious p**k" than anyone else applying.

Oh, and do your own research on these forums/ the nottingham accomodation website, it's really not hard. And you'll only live there for 9/10 months anyway, hardly a massive lifelong decision.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
I'm guessing that the 'rich kids' will be living in the Ensuite's considering they're a good grand or so more than Single Study or Large Single Study rooms with communal shower facilities etc
But to be honest each year will be different and you'll end up meeting people you get on with/don't get on with wherever you end up
it's a bit of a lottery
I'm just an average London guy so course I want to get on with people I'm living nearby and hope they're on my wavelength but like I said its a lucky dip as to the people there
just choose a halls you think will cater for you and your requirements
Reply 3
ItaFrancoUK
I'm guessing that the 'rich kids' will be living in the Ensuite's considering they're a good grand or so more than Single Study or Large Single Study rooms with communal shower facilities etc

Not at all in actual fact. I was in a single ensuite last year at BGP and I am far from being a rich kid. As were many of the other people in my block and in surrounding ensuite blocks.

Latest

Trending

Trending