The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
serendipity
And to do what?

Mine's Nottingham to do English Lit - it'll never happen! :frown:

mines bournemouth to do midwifery...not too confident tho.
i want to go to brunel n do physiotherapy - got alot of work 2 do thou :frown:
Reply 3
mines sheffield to do Nursing (Child) lol not 2 confident tho!!
UCL - Maths with Modern Languages (Italian and Japanese). I'll never get in since my Maths prediction is only a B! :frown::frown::frown::frown:
Reply 5
It used to be Teddy Hall for PPE, but now it's Durham (university college) for PPE.
Reply 6
Linda
It used to be Teddy Hall for PPE, but now it's Durham (university college) for PPE.

Why the change? I must admit to be kinda leaning towards Warwick myself at the moment...
whats with all the :frown: faces? smile people!! if you BELIEVE in yourselves more........... maybe you will make it!! :biggrin:
Reply 8
kildare
Why the change? I must admit to be kinda leaning towards Warwick myself at the moment...

being realistic I guess... I also like that you can study more continental philosophy at Durham (although analytic is more useful). And Durham seems to have more of a sporty environment. Warwick is my second choice.
Reply 9
Linda
being realistic I guess... I also like that you can study more continental philosophy at Durham (although analytic is more useful). And Durham seems to have more of a sporty environment. Warwick is my second choice.

Ah another philosopher! But deary me, I despise continental philosophy with a passion!
Reply 10
Adhsur
But deary me, I despise continental philosophy with a passion!

Crazy woman :wink:
Reply 11
Adhsur
Ah another philosopher! But deary me, I despise continental philosophy with a passion!

Right now I'm more into analytical philosophy, but I like to have a choice... btw, I've applied for PPE not pure philosophy.
Actually, I think I'll take a year off and re-apply to Cambridge to study pure philosophy. Ah, to be able to go to Grantchester, to see if there is Beauty yet to find, and Certainty and Quiet kind...
Reply 12
Linda
Right now I'm more into analytical philosophy, but I like to have a choice... btw, I've applied for PPE not pure philosophy.
Actually, I think I'll take a year off and re-apply to Cambridge to study pure philosophy. Ah, to be able to go to Grantchester, to see if there is Beauty yet to find, and Certainty and Quiet kind...

Hehehe, yeah, well I'm applying to Cambridge for philosophy this year! *fingers crossed* Good luck!
Reply 13
Linda

Somebody is feeling decisive :wink:
Reply 14
kildare
Somebody is feeling decisive :wink:

I know, I know... Coming back from Cambridge this summer I was so certain about applying to read PPE, and now I'm just so sick of economics... I want to do philosophy! Why, oh why did I ever listen to the people who told me philosophy wasn't really practical enough and a waste of time... Why :confused: !!! (Time you enjoy wasting is not really wasted time, right?). *smacks parents with ToK book*
Reply 15
Linda
I know, I know... Coming back from Cambridge this summer I was so certain about applying to read PPE, and now I'm just so sick of economics... I want to do philosophy! Why, oh why did I ever listen to the people who told me philosophy wasn't really practical enough and a waste of time... Why :confused: !!! (Time you enjoy wasting is not really wasted time, right?). *smacks parents with ToK book*

EEEEEK!!! How can philosophy be a waste of time? *almost has a heart attack*
Reply 16
Linda

TOK is very different to Oxbridge philosophy though. I mean I love ToK, it's my favourite subject but the prospect of doing loads of logic exercises \o/ doesn't exactly appeal to me. The economics courses are also very different (with university economics being MUCH more maths based). At the end of the day though, I'm just waffling out loud, just do whatever course really appeals to YOU xthup
Reply 17
Adhsur
EEEEEK!!! How can philosophy be a waste of time? *almost has a heart attack*

my parents are paying for my undergraduate studies, and simply refused to let me apply for philosophy... We compromised with PPE. I could always drop economics the third year and do eight philosophy papers and two in politics or something like that... But it's not like I'll get in anyways.
mines Birmingham med science not very confident though
Reply 19
oxford to do medicine

Latest

Trending

Trending