The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I've read the psot twice and dont see how they broke in. Sounds like they just stood in the garden. They unlocked a gate -- BIG DEAL!
Reply 21
invictus_veritas
Oooo hey yeah you're on my facebook right? I met you in freshers week then at the UV rave before doing the all nighter to watch the sun rise, before you disappeared with Alex and left me with Kath while drinking vodka for 12 hours straight? Shesh I looked rough after that night. I was still drunk at 14:00 the next day, although to be fair I only stopped drinking and got back to my flat at 10:00. Plus I haven't drunk since then. Amazing what lent and being asked not to drink by one of my best friends can make me achieve.

That night was epic.

Yep to all of those things! Kath's in Australia now, although she's coming back towards the end of term to visit meee. Alex still talks about the night of the 'drink of death' with much fondness! :smile:

Epic, epic evening indeed. We should have a get together when we're back, it's been too long (although not necessarily with alcohol - I'm off it, too. Well done, though, it can be pretty tough going, especially at uni)

Anywayyyy, after that massive OT - sorry, peoples! - I hope you're okay and not too shaky. Facebook/text me if you need any random company. :smile:

P.S. I guess I should be careful what I post on TSR now you know who I am. :tongue:h34r: :p:
Reply 22
Sounds scarey but are you sure they weren't canvassing, I mean I get several builders turn up at once to tell me how much of a shag pile my tiling is sometimes and ask if I want anything done. Maybe they went round the back to check if anyone was in, like the rag&bone man we have in our area used to to see if anyone had left some crap out back. Maybe they had something to deliver? Maybe they were a new company of window washers in the area and they wanted to see how many windows you had and what sort?
Reply 23
This is why I have samurai swords....
Once they get the get a view of the house, they do sometimes try again, some are very patient and waiting. One man would be the distraction while the other guy broke in a nicked the stuff before you realised, by the time you realised, they'd be long gone without only their description which wouldn't get very far. Keep valuables in a safe hidden place or ive it to someone you trust - maybe relatives so maybe you could try giving it to your grandparents, I doubt they'll be trying it out anyway.

Fox

Latest

Trending

Trending