The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I found it easy, in fact it worried me at how easy it seemed.

The essay topics were fab as I'd thought about them for my speaking exam, I ended up picking the one on the internet

All my exams are over now - woo!
Reply 2
I also thought it was relatively easy! And the internet writing question was a gift- i'm so glad that came up!

The only annoying thing was the CD that I had (which kept on sticking) but as I did my writing and reading first, I had loads of time left...:smile:

What did everyone else think?!
Reply 3
i found it really easy, compared to the german that i did on friday!
i chose the internet writing question-so much to write about!
i was really worried about this exam because i found the mock really really really hard haha
but yeh, all in all, i think we were VERY lucky with that paper-it could have been really bad but woo :smile:
whatabout everyone else?
Reply 4
I found it OK, luckily, except stupid me managed to answer Q1 in English, luckily noticed though soon after and scribbled it all out and wrote in French!

I answered the essay on Internet and wrote about 3 pages. Just hoping it was enough.

I found the German exam really hard last Friday though. So glad this went well!
I wrote the whole first question in French xD

I was thinking "Woooow, that was easy :biggrin:" then looked over and was like, "........@!&*!" Had to scribble it all out but I got everything back in :P

Essay question was good, I chose the internet too. I worry I've waffled though.
alex91
I found it OK, luckily, except stupid me managed to answer Q1 in English, luckily noticed though soon after and scribbled it all out and wrote in French!

It was supposed to be in English mate :s-smilie:
That's really weird, because I thought this French one was a bit harder than the German one on Friday. I know the internet question should have been easy... but my concentration wasn't a 100% there and I don't feel like I did my best.

But the listening and reading, they seemed easy enough.
Reply 8
French was so much easier than German
All our class wrote like 500 words for the writing, i probably made loads of mistakes
Reply 9
alex91

I answered the essay on Internet and wrote about 3 pages. Just hoping it was enough.

I found the German exam really hard last Friday though. So glad this went well!

I wrote 500 words on the internet too but yes thta is enough it required a minimum of 200 words
and the first passage was supposed to be in english :s-smilie:
for the grammar exercise with depuis

was it "elle A chanté" depuis... or "elle chante" depuis

?

I found the piercing exercise the hardest
Reply 11
I guess it was easier than I expected, but I know that I didn't do my best, especially with the grammar section about the singer! I was like :confused: . The essay I wrote was so bad, and I did try to fix it with the fifteen minutes or so that I had spare, but I think it was beyond redemption. :frown: Oh dear :p: I chose internet too.

^ Oh, I don't know, but I said chante, present tense, 'cos of depuis. :o:
little_k
I found it easy, in fact it worried me at how easy it seemed.

The essay topics were fab as I'd thought about them for my speaking exam, I ended up picking the one on the internet

All my exams are over now - woo!

I swear EVERYONE did the internet one :p:
i bet the grade boundaries will be really high :sad:
Reply 13
SiaSiaSia
for the grammar exercise with depuis
was it "elle A chanté" depuis... or "elle chante" depuis?

It should be "depuis" + present tense (elle chante) but I think they will also accept "elle chantait" as they have done in the past.
I think it should have been elle chante.

I was annoyed at that doping question on the I'm a celebrity bit. I didn't realise avouer ment admit, so got that one wrong.

On the whole though, I really liked that paper. It was soooo much easier than the German one on Friday. The essay topics could have been a bit better, personally I didn't really like any of them. I went for the friends one. Think it was fine though.

Oh, and how nice was that grammar section!!
Aaaaaaaargh!
I wrote the whole first question in French xD

I was thinking "Woooow, that was easy :biggrin:" then looked over and was like, "........@!&*!" Had to scribble it all out but I got everything back in :P

Essay question was good, I chose the internet too. I worry I've waffled though.

hahhahaha so did I
i only used the present tense as well :|
Mrs Cullen
I think it should have been elle chante.

I was annoyed at that doping question on the I'm a celebrity bit. I didn't realise avouer ment admit, so got that one wrong.

On the whole though, I really liked that paper. It was soooo much easier than the German one on Friday. The essay topics could have been a bit better, personally I didn't really like any of them. I went for the friends one. Think it was fine though.

Oh, and how nice was that grammar section!!

i didn't know what avouer meant either
I preferred german's essay topics as I didn't like the french one

AND YES it better be elle chante :biggrin:

i think my others were like;

algerienne
sur
voudrais

obviously there was 10 but those were the ones i remember
oh in the grammar, there was the acheter one

at first i wrote "achete" (pretend a grave accent is there)
but i changed to "acheter" ?
cognito_08
It should be "depuis" + present tense (elle chante) but I think they will also accept "elle chantait" as they have done in the past.

depuis was after the verb though

and yes i used present tense (i hope i didn't change to perfect at the last minute :shifty:)
Maynon
I guess it was easier than I expected, but I know that I didn't do my best, especially with the grammar section about the singer! I was like :confused: . The essay I wrote was so bad, and I did try to fix it with the fifteen minutes or so that I had spare, but I think it was beyond redemption. :frown: Oh dear :p: I chose internet too.

^ Oh, I don't know, but I said chante, present tense, 'cos of depuis. :o:

i'm sure you did better than you think :smile:
did it really take you that long? i did my reading and listening in half an hour (probably skipped loads though :eek3:)

Latest