The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Cellardore
to get a job after your law degree is exstremely competative and i could imagine them being quite snobby about where you got your degree from. you should really apply to a top 20 red brick uni andone that is well known for good reputation amongst employers. I know one person who went to UEA and is finding it difficult to get a job in law. Just be careful where you go, do your research.

What did you friend from UEA get? I bumped into UEA people at a Covington & Burling interview and a Linkies interview. Shouldn't be that hard if he/ she has good grades.
Contrary to popular belief, it's not terribly difficult to get a job in the law if you're flexible. Where I work there's a girl from Southampton Institute who's on a Training Contract!
Reply 22
But Onearmedbandit don't raise people's hopes up too high only for them to be crushed. The simple fact of the matter is that the better the university you attended, the more likely you are to get offered a competitive training contract. There are exceptions. At any instutition if you are a good candidate, work hard, do plenty of extra-curricular stuff and, ideally, know foreign languages, you may well be accepted.
Hughski
But Onearmedbandit don't raise people's hopes up too high only for them to be crushed. The simple fact of the matter is that the better the university you attended, the more likely you are to get offered a competitive training contract. There are exceptions. At any instutition if you are a good candidate, work hard, do plenty of extra-curricular stuff and, ideally, know foreign languages, you may well be accepted.

Yeah I'm just saying it's not impossible :smile:
Can people enlighten me as to what "extra curricular stuff". Im guessing it's mooting and not getting getting horribly drunk.
Phonicsdude
Can people enlighten me as to what "extra curricular stuff". Im guessing it's mooting and not getting getting horribly drunk.

I don't know if mooting is 'extra cirricular'... I mean everybody at UCL has to do it (or at least try) anyway...

Playing on the football team maybe? :smile:
Reply 26
Onearmedbandit
I don't know if mooting is 'extra cirricular'... I mean everybody at UCL has to do it (or at least try) anyway...

Nope they don't!
UCL_Law
Nope they don't!

Dammit!! Did the students at the open day tell me anything accurate?? :p:
Reply 28
lol, they tell you what you want to hear. I'll give you the real story since exams are now over!
UCL_Law
lol, they tell you what you want to hear. I'll give you the real story since exams are now over!

I don't think we wanted to hear that we'd be forced into participating in moots! :eek: A lot of people were like "whaaaaaaaaaaaat!?"
Reply 30
Phonicsdude
:p: :biggrin:

Ive had 10 hours sleep in the past 60 hours, so I have an excuse. And I wasn't beoing avariscious.

You're working too hard! :rolleyes:
UCL_Law

What else do I need to know then? :smile:
Xanthe
You're working too hard! :rolleyes:

I went out on Friday night and managed to get...absolutely NO sleep!

That is the last time I am going out for 6 weeks though! From here on in it's all work, work, work!
Reply 33
Good to hear that you're actually doing some work and not wasting your time posting on some online forum...

...which is more than what I can say!
Xanthe
Good to hear that you're actually doing some work and not wasting your time posting on some online forum...

...which is more than what I can say!

Eurgh you and me both. :tsr:
Reply 35
I presume you're reffering to a different type of work... :-D
Work is work. The only difference is I get rewarded with it with money, and you get it with qualifications :smile: Oh and there's about a million times less stress in my work.
Reply 37
You're point is well taken! :-)
Congrats on your 500 posts :smile: Your life is being well spent talking to a bunch of people in a virtual world who you've never met and most of whom you probably never will.
Reply 39
What about your 4,000 post, eh?

And actually I post helluva lot in the LSE forums, and yes, I will be seeing them at uni!

Latest

Trending

Trending