The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
wats a neg rep???
Xanthe
OMG there are a few spelling mistakes on my entry on your g/b. I wrote something like "Are you really 6' 2"?" but it says "Are you really 62?" Argggggggggghhh, gosh I must sound like a complete moron to anyone reading it! You MUST change it!

Haha!! :p: I will for some rep :wink:
opposite of pos rep, short for negative rep.

Feel free to click on the old school weighing scales above my post and click approve post, then type "Paul you are so greatm I wish I was like you" in the box.
jiggaman7
wats a neg rep???

Wanna find out!? :p: Nah just kidding :smile: Actually.. it seems someone's neg-repped you already :frown: Click on 'User CP' and it might say there.
Reply 64
Onearmedbandit
Wanna find out!? :p: Nah just kidding :smile: Actually.. it seems someone's neg-repped you already :frown: Click on 'User CP' and it might say there.

how do i do that i wanna chek this rep thing
jiggaman7
how do i do that i wanna chek this rep thing

Top left corner of your screen.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/usercp.php?
Reply 66
whoah hu neg-repped me???bet it was that ******* londo i didn rep him at all (partly cos i didn know how to).
I quite like you. Wasn't me. I would have been as brutally honest as I was towards that other suckass.
Reply 68
what happens with reps? if you reach a certain amount do you get banned?
Nah that's warning points.

Rep is just something that people with lots of it can boast about.
Reply 70
wat does 5 points mean on mine...sorry to be asking dumb questions but i gotta learn from somewhere
jiggaman7
wat does 5 points mean on mine...sorry to be asking dumb questions but i gotta learn from somewhere

That's how many rep points you have... everyone starts off with 10.

Don't worry you'll get rep through time. Just don't make threads/posts saying "REP ME PLEASE!!!!!!!" because that will only result in neg rep.

People tend to rep for very funny or very useful threads/posts :smile:
Reply 72
Onearmedbandit
That's how many rep points you have... everyone starts off with 10.

Don't worry you'll get rep through time. Just don't make threads/posts saying "REP ME PLEASE!!!!!!!" because that will only result in neg rep.

People tend to rep for very funny or very useful threads/posts :smile:

Thanks for the knowledge....how do u check other peoples rep points?
jiggaman7
Thanks for the knowledge....how do u check other peoples rep points?

You can't... but you can look at the number of green gems they have for an idea.
Reply 74
Onearmedbandit
You can't... but you can look at the number of green gems they have for an idea.

alright well thanks for your help i appreciate it :biggrin:
How do you know how much YOUR rep is worth. So if I give someone rep, you (onearmedbandit) gives someone rep, and a newby gives someone rep, theyll all be worth a different number of points. How do you know how much yours is worth?
Reply 76
there's a formula somewhere; i'll get back to you. Sth like: (number of posts + number of actual rep points/10), etc.

tbh, it's overrated and i find it funny how insecure many people are with their rep.
Mine cant be worth over 60 points!

Rep is given out in such a spurious way by people that it cant really be seen as a measure of anything!
Reply 78
Enough of this rep talk, it's getting incredibly boring.
...say all the people who don't have much :p: :smile: J/k. If I had my way we'd all be on the same number of rep points :smile: Although there are certain people who deserve their red gems.

Latest

Trending

Trending