The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

anonylucy
it's for all irish med schools and it's not like the ukcat where a uni might discount your score or you can make it up in other areas. my cousin and his friends have worked really hard to get maximum grades (points as they call it in ireland) and they're not in the top 20% so they feel they're out and there's nothing they can do. it's not fair and it's not a very accurate test im my humble opinion.

So when do you find out about whether you got in or not? I am in tcd at the moment (just finished 1st med), if u did indeed get in and have any questions just gimme a pm =)
billykwok
o i dont have an account.. so is it just for tcd or is it for all universities? How is your application going?

uuhh... not so well, I've got all 4 UK rejections, and I doubt I'll get into Ireland, so I'm just planning on a gap year :o:
vanilla camel
uuhh... not so well, I've got all 4 UK rejections, and I doubt I'll get into Ireland, so I'm just planning on a gap year :o:

I forgot... did u apply to RCSI? they are pretty easy on the grades...
Reply 23
RCSI is easier to get into but with the hpat in place it doesn't matter if someone gets top grades if they don't have a good hpat score. even in RCSI. it's difficult to get your head around it. here's a link that explains the new system: http://www.hpat-ireland.acer.edu.au/images/documents/hpat_brochure.pdf .....eugh! hate it!
^what she said :p: I have no hope :bawling:
Reply 25
vanilla camel

hey you have lots of hope! if i were you i'd take an amazing gap year that had something to do with medicine and rewrite an awesome personal statement and i'd retake (and study hard for) the ukcat.

your bound to be one of those smug "unconditional offer" posters this time next year. i'm so jealous of those kind of posters right now!! :o:
Reply 26
oh and you could retake the hpat too, it might be easier second time round!
vanilla camel

lies! you better cheer up! (please) keep optimistic!
billykwok
lies! you better cheer up! (please) keep optimistic!

Ooh I just meant no hope for an Irish uni this year, but I have plenty of hope for the UK 2010 application cycle. I just got 39 points in the IB, which I think = AAA, so I'm good to go :yep:
Reply 29
congratulations on your results vanilla camel! :smile:

i'm about to get my account permanently banned as my little brother keeps hijacking my account. i'm sick of the trouble he's gettin me into so i'm asking the moderators to ban this account altogether and i'll come back with a new one.

i hope to get this username if it's not already taken: notforlittlebrothers or something of that nature.

so, i guess this is goodbye, but don't vorry, i vill be back!

:smile:
anonylucy
congratulations on your results vanilla camel! :smile:

i'm about to get my account permanently banned as my little brother keeps hijacking my account. i'm sick of the trouble he's gettin me into so i'm asking the moderators to ban this account altogether and i'll come back with a new one.

i hope to get this username if it's not already taken: notforlittlebrothers or something of that nature.

so, i guess this is goodbye, but don't vorry, i vill be back!

:smile:

thanks :smile: Sorry to hear your brother is giving you so much trouble, can't you just change your password though?
vanilla camel
Ooh I just meant no hope for an Irish uni this year, but I have plenty of hope for the UK 2010 application cycle. I just got 39 points in the IB, which I think = AAA, so I'm good to go :yep:

wow, i must have missed this quote, only saw it just now! 39IB points, well done! How come you think you got no chance? they are starting to give out offers now aren't they? the irish leaving cert results are out...
Offers starting Monday- Round One.
billykwok
wow, i must have missed this quote, only saw it just now! 39IB points, well done! How come you think you got no chance? they are starting to give out offers now aren't they? the irish leaving cert results are out...

naaw shux, thank you :blush:. Well, I think I have no chance because of my utterly crap HPAT results :s-smilie: But it's all good, I'm planning out an awesom gap year, and have already tucked into reapplying :yep: PS well on its way, and UKCAT booked.
vanilla camel
naaw shux, thank you :blush:. Well, I think I have no chance because of my utterly crap HPAT results :s-smilie: But it's all good, I'm planning out an awesom gap year, and have already tucked into reapplying :yep: PS well on its way, and UKCAT booked.

Believe in yourself!
billykwok
Believe in yourself!

thanks for the pep talk :lovehug:... by the way, you asked in a previous post if I applied to Royal college of surgeons, sorry for not answering - yes I did apply :smile: We'll see what happens, but at this point I wouldn't be upset to be rejected, as I've set my heart on my new UK choices for the next UCAS round :yep:
vanilla camel
thanks for the pep talk :lovehug:... by the way, you asked in a previous post if I applied to Royal college of surgeons, sorry for not answering - yes I did apply :smile: We'll see what happens, but at this point I wouldn't be upset to be rejected, as I've set my heart on my new UK choices for the next UCAS round :yep:

fair enough... but remember if u don't get in through first round there are still places in second rounds; so don't give up hope yet
CAO points (copypasta from boards.ie - LC + HPAT)

UCD - 720
TCD - 729
RCSI - 715
NUIG - 713
UCC - 715
has anyone heard from Irish universities then? I got a letter which was just about grades, saying that I had to send in any that they didn't already have - they have all of them - so I was a tad confused. I guess I didn't get in through round 1, do they actually send rejection letters at all? It doesn't seem anything like ucas, I'm not even 'camilla', istead the write 'dear applicant' :s-smilie:
vanilla camel
has anyone heard from Irish universities then? I got a letter which was just about grades, saying that I had to send in any that they didn't already have - they have all of them - so I was a tad confused. I guess I didn't get in through round 1, do they actually send rejection letters at all? It doesn't seem anything like ucas, I'm not even 'camilla', istead the write 'dear applicant' :s-smilie:

They only identify you as a number in the CAO... anyways best of luck for 2nd round, have you calculated how many points you have?

Latest

Trending

Trending