The Student Room Group

I'm a tall person and I want to wear heels too dammit!!!

I'm a tall person (not really that tall around 5 ft 8) and whenever I go shopping with my friends they all look at shoes with killer heels that look ammaaazing. But if i wear them I look like a right plonker because I tower over everyone. I don't like this feeling. All the shoes I own are flat and I hate it.

Does anyone know of any shops that do gorgeous shoes but with a medium heel??

I've looked and looked and can't find any.

help please.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
When everyone else is wearing heels, then the difference won't be as noticeable.

If you want to wear heels, then you wear heels girl! To be honest depriving yourself of beautiful shoes is not the answer :biggrin:
Reply 2
Be glad that you're tall and you don't really need heels. Other than that, just wear high heels :P Who cares if you tower over everyone, you'll look fab and all eyes will be on you :biggrin:
hi im like 5'11 and all my friends are like 5'4 - 5'6 MAX and i just dont wear heels, caus as you say, id look bloody stupid. its kinda **** i know but like atleast im not the one with blisters at the end of a night out!

also....find some taller friends! TRICKY i know...
I'm 5 ft 7. Same problem.
I'm 5ft 7, I wear heels *shrugs*. They're probably about 2inches high, anything higher than that I couldn't walk in. Wear what you like!
I'm 5'8 too and wear killer heals, although only on nights out, flats during the day. I tower over most of my friends but i dont feel silly because im proud of my height and there's nothing i can do to change it

I understand where your coming from though as i used to feel this way but ive grown to accept how tall i am, and wont let it stop me wearing the shoes i want too wear.

Alot of boys find tall girls attractive too, which is always a bonus =) I hope you learn to love your height because alot of girls would love to be this tall.
You can find them if you look hard enough :smile: try Zara xx
I'm 5ft 7 & I seldom wear heels but when I do, I just keep my head high and enjoy looking over people's heads and not let it bother me.

Either that or get a reaaaaaly tall bf :p:
hahaha_dontknow
I'm a tall person (not really that tall around 5 ft 8) and whenever I go shopping with my friends they all look at shoes with killer heels that look ammaaazing. But if i wear them I look like a right plonker because I tower over everyone. I don't like this feeling. All the shoes I own are flat and I hate it.

help please.

Tall girls are nice just wear them :cool:
I know how you feel :rant:
just wear them, what's the big deal?
so a 4" pair will make you six foot? really not that bad on a night out and it's not like you'll look a total freak in the day. a 6' girl in 6 platforms might be a bit "woah" but there's nothing wrong with it :/

edit: office. i have acquired quite a selection of cute shoes from there with 3" heels
pink_princess1990
I'm 5'8 too and wear killer heals, although only on nights out, flats during the day. I tower over most of my friends but i dont feel silly because im proud of my height and there's nothing i can do to change it

I understand where your coming from though as i used to feel this way but ive grown to accept how tall i am, and wont let it stop me wearing the shoes i want too wear.

Alot of boys find tall girls attractive too, which is always a bonus =) I hope you learn to love your height because alot of girls would love to be this tall.

It's not that I don't like being tall, being tall is great.
Reply 13
I'm 5'7 and I wear heels. The only time I feel a bit silly is when I'm out with my bf cos we end up being the same height and I find that odd, he should be taller! But when I'm with the girls I dont care, plus if they alll wear heels too it makes no difference. Wear heels if you want to, you should be proud of your height dont hide it!
I'm 5'7 and wear heels :dontknow: but tbh most of my friends are around my height anyway.
Reply 15
At 5'8 with a decent heel you're still only the average height for a man! Be proud of your height - you might stick out a bit, but that just gets you noticed more :yup: I'm almost 5'11 and wear my heels with pride :biggrin:
Reply 16
hahaha_dontknow

help please.

Im 5 ft 11 and still wear heels that make me well above 6 ft tall. I have friends who are about a foot shorter than me and still wear heels when I go out with them. Whilst taking photos can be a bit problematic, they make you stand out; its awesome being tall.

Go buy those killer heels, you'll feel gorgeous and confidant. Don't be shy, short people are always whining to me that they wish they were tall, I sometimes wish I was shorter...meh, you always want what you can't have. I used to be like you but than actually started wearing big heels and realised it was fun.

Make use of your height, there's a reason supermodels are tall :smile:
Wow thanks for the motivation guys!
I'm gonna do it, im gonna buy some heels!!!!

I dont care what anyone thinks, i want to feel good!
Im 5'9 and I wore heels once; wasn't that bad (not too tall) :biggrin:... Probably because I have tall friends.
Reply 19
hahaha_dontknow

help please.

A male persepective here if you'll indulge me for a minute...

I used to go out with a girl who was the same height as you and she was sometimes self conscious about wearing heels as, like you, she thought it made her overly tall and she towered over her friends who are mostly 5' 6ish.

Now, I would encourage her to wear them if she chose to do so because I thought she looked great in them. She'd get sometimes get upset because she thought she looked 'mannish' in her 4 inch heels which was also exaggerated (in her head) by the fact that she'd be a few inches taller than me. I don't know how many times I told her that I couldn't care less if she was taller than me, didn't give a fook about what anyone thought, and that I actually enjoyed it when she wore them because she just looked gorgeous in them; for want of a better phrase, it was good that she was on my arm when she was wearing her 'killer heels' as you put it.

The moral of the story is that don't be put off by what height you are. If you want to get nice shoes with big heels then get them. The people worth bothering about won't care what height you are and, in most cases, they'll probably embrace it.

Quick Reply

Latest