The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I'd say it's pretty much impossible. Clearing is filled already and I don't think any universities would accept her/give her some sort of 'special' advantage, no matter what grades she acquires. Bad luck :s-smilie:
if you apply now you automatically put into clearing, which doesn't open to the 21st August

then if just seeing who's got places for the degree she wants to do

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Guide_to_Clearing have a look at that
Reply 3
Cultivated
I'd say it's pretty much impossible. Clearing is filled already and I don't think any universities would accept her/give her some sort of 'special' advantage, no matter what grades she acquires. Bad luck :s-smilie:

No it isn't.
Clearing is an option. Remember that the number of university places is likely to be severely restricted this year due to changes in the government funding system. However, I saw on the news today that an extra 10,000 places have been offered for the current academic year, but not all universities are accepting them. These tend to go to subjects that are regarded as being of special importance for economic growth.
Just a bit...

Ditto the clearing posts. I hear with that you get zero say in what you want to study as they just offer you a place on courses that weren't filled up...
Reply 6
Strawberry_Pancakes
Just a bit...

Ditto the clearing posts. I hear with that you get zero say in what you want to study as they just offer you a place on courses that weren't filled up...

That's technically what the clearing list is-places that aren't filled so say you wanted to study(just for example) English at Cardiff you would check to see if it was in clearing and phone them up to see if they will be able to offer you a place...well that's what I did last year.

AJxx
Reply 7
She could go through clearing but like people have said, places are restricted this year. What subject is she doing? If it's maths or science related then she might have a better chance because that's what the extra 10,000 clearing places have been offered for. It wouldn't be the worst thing ever if she had to wait another year. The recession might have died down and she could get a job and save up x

Latest

Trending

Trending