The Student Room Group

I can have sex, but I can't buy a vibrator. WTF?

I'm 16, female, a virgin and I enjoy healthy masturbation.

I've gotten bored of my finger basically and I really want a vibrator. Only the law says, I cannot get one until I am 18. But I can have sex.

Okay, so, where is the logic in that? Honestly? I'm not really in a hurry to have sex, so what's wrong with me using things to bide me until then? Wouldn't the government rather that I did something where there was no risk of me getting pregnant?

It's like the message is you're supposed to dive straight into sex without even exploring things a bit?

I could get one off the internet obviously, but I don't have a credit card, just cash and my parents could see the packet etc. It would be great if I could just walk into Ann Summers and get one, but I'm not even allowed to look at them in case they pollute my mind :rolleyes:

I just really really want a vibrator and it's getting fustrating now.

Scroll to see replies

Use a carrot.
Reply 2
electric tooth brush
Reply 3
do you look particularly young? just thinking if ann summers would really ID you?
or have you tried already?
sorry not much help! do you have anyone older that you trust to get you 1?
Reply 4
they sell vibrating "massager" things in argos i think.
i saw something like that on sex and the city once. haha.
Masturbate with your hand ... it's free !
Reply 6
Ask someone else to buy it for you?
Reply 7
kitkat chunky!

it adds a time limit onto the occasion. you must finish before it melts.
Really? Wow, that is retarded.

Sortof like how I can have sex with someone and videotape it but it would be illegal for me to watch it.
Reply 9
Han265
do you look particularly young? just thinking if ann summers would really ID you?
or have you tried already?
sorry not much help! do you have anyone older that you trust to get you 1?

Hmm, well people say I look 18. But I don't want to risk the embarassment of being IDed, so I haven't tried. I don't want to ask someone else to get it lol

No wonder people in this country are so bad at sex.
Ann Summers?
Anonymous

I've gotten bored of my finger basically and I really want a vibrator. Only the law says, I cannot get one until I am 18. But I can have sex.

Okay, so, where is the logic in that? Honestly? I'm not really in a hurry to have sex, so what's wrong with me using things to bide me until then? Wouldn't the government rather that I did something where there was no risk of me getting pregnant?

It's like the message is you're supposed to dive straight into sex without even exploring things a bit?

I could get one off the internet obviously, but I don't have a credit card, just cash and my parents could see the packet etc. It would be great if I could just walk into Ann Summers and get one, but I'm not even allowed to look at them in case they pollute my mind

If your 16 then surely you have a bank account that comes with a debit card? I had one when I was 16. If not get one, your old enough. Online places like Lovehoney.com should accept Solo/Visa Electron cards, even paypal and orders come delivered in plain packaging with no company name on them.
Reply 12
try explain what u just wrote to the sales person, might feel sympothetic? or ask a friend thats 18?
Reply 13
Anonymous
Hmm, well people say I look 18. But I don't want to risk the embarassment of being IDed, so I haven't tried. I don't want to ask someone else to get it lol

I look very young for my age and ive been in many a time and not been asked for ID, you should be fine :smile:
Reply 14
Anonymous

If they ask just say "sure" rummage through your purse, then say "damn it, I left my driving licence in the car" and walk out of there. Most people won't think anything of it.
Reply 15
Coz you'll shred your uterus to bits!
Reply 16
Anonymous

I could get one off the internet obviously, but I don't have a credit card, just cash and my parents could see the packet etc. It would be great if I could just walk into Ann Summers and get one, but I'm not even allowed to look at them in case they pollute my mind :rolleyes:

Desperate much? I just realised we had an Ann Summers store in town. I swear I see bloody 10 year olds in there all the time.
If you can manage to get a debit card or credit card off someone, then buy off Ann Summer's website. It comes in plain packaging, and the return address is something so neutral that no one will know.
Reply 18
Also look into getting a pre pay card, link and info here :smile:
If you've got the balls to walk into Ann summers and attempt to buy one, no-one is going to look at you funny.
It's like, *beep* vibrator, in the bag
*beep* butt plug, in the bag
*beep* spanking paddles, in the bag.
As long as you don't look 12 or something.

And as someone else has suggested, get a debit card and buy online. It's sent like any other package and tell your mum you bought something from amazon. :-)

Latest

Trending

Trending