The Student Room Group

Funniest/worst parents evening you ever had?

Scroll to see replies

haha this german teacher of mine was mahooooooooosive and she went to sit down and her chair slid back so she landed on her buttocks....the funniest thing i have seen for AGES.
and she always sent me out of class in lessons and told me off for talking...when she'd asked me a question and i answered it:| (even though i did all the work and was the only one to answer the questions) and then she started off with 'isn't it nice having such a talented language student in the class'... i was in shock so much i burst out laughing and everyone turned round.
I used to pay absolutely NO attention in English, and chat with my best mate.

At the parents' evening my English teacher told me I was very good at English, but should spend my time on my own work, not helping Kim.

Yeah... OK :smile:
"Your daughter is intelligent, bright and articulate and her form tutor has spoken to me about pushing for an oxbridge application"

My mum laughed, a lot...and still laughs about that suggestion now

:emo:
I had a maths teacher that could not put a sentence together in english. When she started talking to my dad we both started laughing because we didnt know what she was saying. How can learn if i dont understand what the teacher is saying lol.
My Year 7 Drama teacher was really wierd, rumours surfaced after she left that she smoked weed and was regularly down the pub during school lunchtimes. Anyway at parents evening, my mums a dinner lady for the school i go, she just spoke to my mum about the school food and menu's and nothing about Drama :smile:

Year 10 Maths, my mum went to have an argument with my Maths teacher due to her basically hating me for no reason it ended up with me being moved, getting a detention and extra homework :frown:

Year 9 Drama, at options evening the Drama teacher wanted me to do Drama for Year 10, i had to admit i was good at it but it wasn't something i want to study at GCSE :smile: Basically she wouldn't let me leave the table until i promised her that i would seriously consider taking Drama :smile: I lied

My History Teacher is like a bodybuilder, he's like 19st and 6ft 4. After parents evening he stood up, shook my mum and dads hand and my dad just stood there looking at him like "WTF" We walked off he was like, "He is ******* huge!"
My AS Physics parents' evening was a nightmare. I thought I was doing really well up to that point, and the teachers decided to be complete bastards and give us our topic test grades at the parent's evening, and mine were a C and a D. :eek: The teachers put on a drama act about how I really needed to improve my exam technique and also saying that I overcomplicated things by suggesting other ideas (I don't think this is 'overcomplication' but just 'linking ideas' or 'intellectual curiosity'). Essentially they ganged up on me and my confidence plummeted. :frown: I hope that backfires on them if I get an A in AS Physics :biggrin: :cool:
Reply 26
In year ten we were on our way in and I went to get a drink and came back to find that my head of hear had already pulled my mother to the side to complain about me. Then after he'd complained about every thing about me my 9 subject teachers did exactly the same. Mum was distraught. Strangely I went on report the day after :s-smilie:
Reply 27
My Mum told my Psychology teacher I thought I was psychic. :|
Reply 28
oh_adele

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
oh_adele

Oh dear. o.O Now its for reading things like that I convince my family not to attend parents evenings.
Reply 30
Not really funny but my mum is friends with most of my teachers from when she used to work there (she's now a mortgage advisor). So most of the time none of it is about me and just a catch up between them.

The worst is my maths teacher who always goes on about her Son's love life. I don't see the point as they talk to each other all the time anyway!
Nothing much funny happens to me at these kinds of things. Except when my mum said "Edwin's always been interested in English" to my History teacher.. who had just called me the exemplary student but a little quiet.

I have a lot of natural gifts it seems... even in year 8 I was being told I have a natural flare for languages. Although often the subject of conversation is my tentativeness towards putting up my hand unless my answer is right and perfect.

Yeah, I'm a perfectionist, what'ya gonna do?
At my last parents evening my mother had a big arguement with someone else's parents about who had been waiting to see the chemistry teachers longest. It was awful, especially when she gave up and came back insulting the other person's son.
Reply 33
My french teacher wanted me to revise my french speaking, so she thought we'd get straight into it and praticed a mock exam for French Speaking, and my Mum just sat there baffled lol.
Reply 34
:rofl: My tutor winked at me in a friendly way, and my mothers' face was like this :eek: :yikes: :shock:
All the parents evenings ive been to haven't been that interesting, apart from the y12 one, where my mechanics teacher talked at length about my excellent attendance (i go to less than 2/3 of the lessons due to clashes) and about how i clearly loved the subject (i absolutely can't stand it, but unfortunately as mechanics modules are compulsary for further maths at our school, i can't even get out of doing it next year :frown: )
Reply 36
Mine will never be beat! i'm too crafty for my own good. I'm well proud of this.

1. Got hold of Parents Evening report templates from a teachers password someone had found out.

2. I knew i was messing up Maths hard, getting a U in my mocks! So with the template i had, i altered that changing it to Maths and giving myself a grade of B. Printed it out and off we went to Parent's Evening with my new Maths report in my little pocket.

3. Me and my Dad went to grab my report from the table, we have it now, but before he can have a gander at it, i leg it up some stairs saying i just saw my g/f and that i wanna speak to her, and he's like well suspicious and he's kinda chasing after me up some French department stairs! I'm like WTF noooooo and i get the "new" Maths report from my pocket and quickly try and replace with the U one and i manage it! Just before he catches up with me.

4. Obviously you have to see your teachers face to face, but coincidentally it was Eid that night, so i said nah my Maths teacher ain't in today, it's Eid. And BAM!

My folks thought i got a B in my mocks and that i was some maths wizz onto GCSE glory. lol.

That was too funny!
You son giggles constantly in class.

Real quote.
Reply 38
One of my german teachers didn't bother to find out the reason I missed the S3/year 10 mocks is because I was in the hospital getting an emergency operation to remove a pilonidal sinus from the base of my spine and was on the verge of septic shock. He assumed the reason I had no grade listed for my exam was that I was just crap in general.

When he said to my mum that i'd made a real turn around in the 6 months since the exam seeing as I was going to fail and now was getting A's she was livid. She explained the situation in a very loud tone which lead to him trying to appologise very profusely and my parents walking out.

When he found out I got a 1 for my standard grade he pulled me out of another class to try and appologise and congratulate me, offering me a handshake and "no hard feelings" I politely declined and left him standing in the corridor.

Sweet sweet revenge :smile:
Subcutaneous
"Your daughter is intelligent, bright and articulate and her form tutor has spoken to me about pushing for an oxbridge application"

My mum laughed, a lot...and still laughs about that suggestion now

:emo:

Hey, I actually lol'ed!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending