The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
PrincessAriadne
yes, we've had a lot of trouble with his family. it has resulted in is moving very far away, and changing our identities to escape from them.

Oh god! im glad my problem is not no where near as bad as yours! If you dont mind me asking what happened? If you dont want to post it PM me. Im really close to my family it is quite sad he is being the way he is towards me but it will be him missing out on his families lives, his grandchildren and if we get married things like that!
Reply 41
Abhead
We met when he came into the bar I was working at with a couple of lads I know. He was driving so I got a lift home with them that night, and managed to get myself invited on their next night out. Kissed him for the first time at the end of that night :smile: and we were officially a couple a few weeks later. We've been together a year and a half now.

That's really lovely. Do you have any plans for the future then?

seleneybob
Im really close to my family it is quite sad he is being the way he is towards me but it will be him missing out on his families lives, his grandchildren and if we get married things like that!

That's a really positive way to think, and so true. I'm sure he will come round eventually, at least he's not actively trying to hurt you, or stop your bf seeing you. If he stays grumpy forever, then as you say, he'll miss out on you getting married and seeing his grandchildren. Have you tried talking to him at all, maybe he just feels left out cos his son likes you so much (he sounds pretty immature doesn't he!).
Little Weed
That's really lovely. Do you have any plans for the future then?

That's a really positive way to think, and so true. I'm sure he will come round eventually, at least he's not actively trying to hurt you, or stop your bf seeing you. If he stays grumpy forever, then as you say, he'll miss out on you getting married and seeing his grandchildren. Have you tried talking to him at all, maybe he just feels left out cos his son likes you so much (he sounds pretty immature doesn't he!).

At the moment not much beyond me being at university and him working in Bristol for three years whilst I'm there. Depending on how he gets on in Bristol, we could move back to Sheffield so he can work for his dad and eventually take over the family business, or he could have a good career down there in which case we will stay. We have both said we would like children in our late 20s. Getting married depends on when he thinks he has enough money to propose properly and afford it all, hes quite traditional in that sense, which is fine with me even though I'm not particularly bothered about having a massive expensive wedding or anything.
Reply 43
Abhead
At the moment not much beyond me being at university and him working in Bristol for three years whilst I'm there. Depending on how he gets on in Bristol, we could move back to Sheffield so he can work for his dad and eventually take over the family business, or he could have a good career down there in which case we will stay. We have both said we would like children in our late 20s. Getting married depends on when he thinks he has enough money to propose properly and afford it all, hes quite traditional in that sense, which is fine with me even though I'm not particularly bothered about having a massive expensive wedding or anything.

What kind of career is he looking for in Bristol then? It sounds like you have a really secure and happy future ahead of you two. I hope everything goes really smoothly for you.:smile: Are you going to Bristol to study?
Reply 44
Little Weed
I just wondered if anyone else out there is feeling really broody, and how to get over it, as it's going round in my head now!

Come and look after our two 24-7 whilst I get some work done in the garden for a week, I'm sure that our eldest's poo painting antics and the almost constant squabbling, washing dishes, mess and general havoc will help put things into perspective.

Saying that though, they are a pair of lovely little girls. So a couple of hours won't do it, you need the full week of chaos to truly knacker you out so that you can start to appreciate the free time that you have. Heck I'm typing this now when I should be sorting out the dirty dishes, and then somehow go out to the shops to get some supplies I need for dinner tonight...
Little Weed
What kind of career is he looking for in Bristol then? It sounds like you have a really secure and happy future ahead of you two. I hope everything goes really smoothly for you.:smile: Are you going to Bristol to study?

For the time being he is just looking for anything, but there are a few engineering training schemes that open in the new year that you just need A levels for, British Gas is one I can remember off the top of my head. I'm going to do a Politics and Sociology degree. Thanks for the support :smile: I'm finding it all a bit scary, moving to a new city and looking for work at the same time as moving in with someone for the first time, I'm sure we will be fine but it is such a risk. More the looking for work than anything else.
Reply 46
Abhead
For the time being he is just looking for anything, but there are a few engineering training schemes that open in the new year that you just need A levels for, British Gas is one I can remember off the top of my head. I'm going to do a Politics and Sociology degree. Thanks for the support :smile: I'm finding it all a bit scary, moving to a new city and looking for work at the same time as moving in with someone for the first time, I'm sure we will be fine but it is such a risk. More the looking for work than anything else.

Are you going to be getting a job too? It sounds like you'll have a good time though, despite it being quite uncertain and nerve-wracking now. You're taking a really big step, and in the future you'll be really pleased that you were brave enough to step in to the unknown.
Little babies make me broody, then I see badly behaved children and my ovaries start to tie themselves together.
Reply 48
FireDeuce
Little babies make me broody, then I see badly behaved children and my ovaries start to tie themselves together.

Stomm
Come and look after our two 24-7 whilst I get some work done in the garden for a week, I'm sure that our eldest's poo painting antics and the almost constant squabbling, washing dishes, mess and general havoc will help put things into perspective.

Saying that though, they are a pair of lovely little girls. So a couple of hours won't do it, you need the full week of chaos to truly knacker you out so that you can start to appreciate the free time that you have. Heck I'm typing this now when I should be sorting out the dirty dishes, and then somehow go out to the shops to get some supplies I need for dinner tonight...

These two made me chuckle - thanks ladies :laugh:
I feel lonely.
Walkin'Butterfly
I feel lonely.

:console: Why hun?
Now i've come on to this thread I'm feeling a little broody :rolleyes:
Reply 51
Little Weed
These two made me chuckle - thanks ladies :laugh:

I'm a bloke BTW, one of the rare breed of men whose wife earns enough to pay the mortgage, yet would not be able to do so himself were he the one out earning a crust. That's what you get for marrying someone almost ten years older than you I guess though.

As an aside, wait until you're at least 26 if you can. At least then when you have no life beyond your kids because you can't afford a baby sitter and you certainly can't find the money to put them into nursery as much as you'd like, then at least you'll have a life to look back on and something to look forward to regaining once they go to school and the pressure on your finances from nursery fees might allow you to do something nice, like maybe go on holiday, or possibly even see a film, heck maybe even go to a concert, nightclub, gig, theatre or possibly even the ballet and a nice meal...

Hmm, my parents are staying round one night next week. I'd best check to see if there is anything worth watching at the cinema...
PrincessAriadne
:console: Why hun?
Now i've come on to this thread I'm feeling a little broody :rolleyes:

Well, all this talk of love and boyfriends and families makes me feel cold and cynical. I have no one.
Walkin'Butterfly
Well, all this talk of love and boyfriends and families makes me feel cold and cynical. I have no one.

Friends? You have them don't you? I don't! So in a way we've both got more than each other.
Reply 54
Little Weed

Thank you! He is very immature! He has been very rude to me! all iv done is make an effort because he is my boyfriends dad but i dont know what his problem is. Although it is his loss not mine, i get on very well with the rest of my boyfriends family he gets on well with mine, and we love each other thats all that matters.
I have asked my boyfriend to have a word but he hasnt yet, i dont think its a great idea for me to bring it up as he hardly talks to me as it is.
Reply 55
Stomm

THIS

Having children is not all 'oochy coochy' as most young women tend to think, it is ******* hard work, and it never stops 24/7.
Morlock
THIS

Having children is not all 'oochy coochy' as most young women tend to think, it is ******* hard work, and it never stops 24/7.

I can't wait though:rolleyes:
Reply 57
seleneybob
Thank you! He is very immature! He has been very rude to me! all iv done is make an effort because he is my boyfriends dad but i dont know what his problem is. Although it is his loss not mine, i get on very well with the rest of my boyfriends family he gets on well with mine, and we love each other thats all that matters.
I have asked my boyfriend to have a word but he hasnt yet, i dont think its a great idea for me to bring it up as he hardly talks to me as it is.

Hope it gets better for you soon :smile: Does your bf understand how you feel?

Stomm
I'm a bloke BTW, one of the rare breed of men whose wife earns enough to pay the mortgage, yet would not be able to do so himself were he the one out earning a crust. That's what you get for marrying someone almost ten years older than you I guess though.

As an aside, wait until you're at least 26 if you can. At least then when you have no life beyond your kids because you can't afford a baby sitter and you certainly can't find the money to put them into nursery as much as you'd like, then at least you'll have a life to look back on and something to look forward to regaining once they go to school and the pressure on your finances from nursery fees might allow you to do something nice, like maybe go on holiday, or possibly even see a film, heck maybe even go to a concert, nightclub, gig, theatre or possibly even the ballet and a nice meal...

Hmm, my parents are staying round one night next week. I'd best check to see if there is anything worth watching at the cinema...

oops - sorry! Are you glad you're a stay at home father, or would you prefer being the one out working?
Reply 58
FireDeuce

I ******* knew it!
Reply 59
Little Weed
Hope it gets better for you soon :smile: Does your bf understand how you feel?

I have told him what iv have said on here but i dont think he thinks its such a big deal. He said his dad is like it with everyone, but in told my boyfriend his dad should at least make an effort. It ent a HUGE problem but like iv told my boyfriend it will caurse problems in the future.

Having a baby is diffrent for diffrent people, it can be really hard work! It effects your life in a huge way! but still want a baby.

One day!

Latest

Trending

Trending