The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
i'm terrified of not getting into uni.
It will be fine.

Me I love meeting new people, so I really cannot wait. Be fun meeting so many people and they won't all be rahs like my school mates.
Reply 22
Haha I wish I could afford to have this kind of problem, seeing as my grades will definitely not be anywhere good enough to go to a university in the top fifty... :frown:
Reply 23
ogloom
No one will like you

don't listen to him... he's just another doctor cox wannabe :smile:

But yeah I'm pretty terrified too... I mean I'm okay with talking to complete strangers but I have issues with people getting to know me.. Like I can be pretty random ( :smile: )... what if they hate me for who I am rather than the introduction self... what if half way through the year no-one wants to know me... Those are my fears... I mean I worked at my local Samaritans and I've heard some pretty horrible situations... All I've been thinking about recently is "that could may well end up being me next year"...
i think everyone is
I find the most helpful thing to remember is that there will be loads of other people just like you- so try and be friendly and supportive so as to help other people to make friends and have a good time and ease their anxiety- rather than trying to be cool or noticed or whatever- that never really works- certainly not in the long term.
iloveyouxx
king's woop woop! :smile: i AM excited but also scared in equal measure..what are you studying/what accommodation did you put as your first choice?

I'm doing Physics

1. Connaught Hall
2. Wolfson House
3. Nutford House (I think).
Reply 26
av2606
What kind of situations if you don't mind me asking? I'm also a little worried :s-smilie:

:s-smilie: I'm not sure if that would be breaching confidentiality but in overview I've generally had experience of suicide, lonliness, parents splitting up, no real friends... that sort of thing... it sounds pretty common but maybe thats just because I've only heard about that spectrum of things and I've never actually heard of bullying or people having fall-outs with everyone, but rather feeling isolated... my brother told me about a girl at cambridge who committed suicide because of exam stress.

It could really be any situation by the sounds of it... but I'm sure we'll be fine. I'm sounding like a nervous wreck... but I'm not that bad. Just a bit concerned on the inside... because I'll be at UCL and it sounds like I could get lost there...
Everyone feels the same to start off with.

Best thing to do is just get as trashed as possible every night and act like a plonker.

It's what I didn't do, I kinda regret it. I met people other ways though (took up a new sport which became an obsession haha).
Reply 28
sil3nt_cha0s
Yeah, confident around the people I've known all my life and of course, around people on the internet :awesome: Different story going into a completely alien environment though with no friends and having to be completely independent :sad:

Aww, don't worry! Soon enough, they'll become people you know, too. You'll have a whale of a time. :yes: :hugs:
n0c0ntr0l
It will be fine.

Me I love meeting new people, so I really cannot wait. Be fun meeting so many people and they won't all be rahs like my school mates.

You're going to Bristol. It's known for its rahs :biggrin:
fredscarecrow
You're going to Bristol. It's known for its rahs :biggrin:

I know, just incase I want to run back to my rah crowd...

Joking, I'm not elitist.

but theres nothing wrong with rahs. :yes:
Reply 31
Myiesha_90
don't listen to him... he's just another doctor cox wannabe :smile:

But yeah I'm pretty terrified too... I mean I'm okay with talking to complete strangers but I have issues with people getting to know me.. Like I can be pretty random ( :smile: )... what if they hate me for who I am rather than the introduction self... what if half way through the year no-one wants to know me... Those are my fears... I mean I worked at my local Samaritans and I've heard some pretty horrible situations... All I've been thinking about recently is "that could may well end up being me next year"...

you re-he-hearly need to back off newbie
Myiesha_90
I mean I'm okay with talking to complete strangers but I have issues with people getting to know me.. Like I can be pretty random ( :smile: )...

What exactly does that mean? Because most people I've met that describe themself as "random" tend to just be annoying idiots.
n0c0ntr0l

but theres nothing wrong with rahs. :yes:

I always wanted to be a rah :frown:

but I'm too much of an actual geek, and instead of getting my hair to do that tousled-just-out-of-bed,-I-don't-care type look which takes about half an hour, my hair just looks knotted and messy, 'cos it is. :cool:

....Maybe that's why I'm at Cardiff, not Bristol :awesome:
Reply 34
im ****ing my self but ive gt no choice lol
Reply 35
Slightly nervous but everyone else is in the same boat =]
probably will get more nervous if ive actually got in

Latest

Trending

Trending