The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

gyyy2807
What about for the writing section? I'm not a native speaker and have always struggled with grammar, so I'm finding some of the writing a bit hard at the moment.

Thanks for the advice about maths, btw :smile: I usually find the answer first and then see which choice that is but, like you said, occasionally I'll just substitute the number back in because it's much easier.

If I am honest with you, I didn't take the time of day on the writing section. From what I know the math part of the SAT is the most heavily weighted in admissions, which makes sense. I focused 95% of my time on the maths and 5% on the verbal. Didn't even look the the writing. If someone has a 800M 750V and 600WR they still have a reasonable shot at a top school.
Reply 21
Lord_Farquad
If I am honest with you, I didn't take the time of day on the writing section. From what I know the math part of the SAT is the most heavily weighted in admissions, which makes sense. I focused 95% of my time on the maths and 5% on the verbal. Didn't even look the the writing. If someone has a 800M 750V and 600WR they still have a reasonable shot at a top school.

How come? I thought the writing section was only added because college professors wanted it.
gyyy2807
How come? I thought the writing section was only added because college professors wanted it.

Colleges don't reall care from what I know, most people are required to take two semesters of collegiate writing anyway so if someone is poor at writing it makes very little difference. On the flip side, someone who has **** maths skills is going to get eaten in the calculus requirements.

Latest

Trending

Trending