The Student Room Group

Okay this will sound retarded..

But i want to self teach a subject but 1. i've no idea what, but i would like to do Re or Philosophy..would probably be hard without a teacher?:s-smilie:
and 2. I don't know how i would even arrange to self teach anything cos i'm going to college and they have little programs set up where they'll only let you do certain combinations so i've only got 2 highers and 1 int2..which i just don't want to argue with in case they think i'm being :mad:
and yeah this sounds retarded but i just wanna get the most grades i can at the end of this year..so what do i do? :frown:
xx
Reply 1
Best thing to do would be contact your pupil support teacher or the Re/Philosophy teachers.

Although the difficulty of a higher is different for everyone, I'd say that RE or Philosophy would be relatively easy to do by yourself (though I've only done RE), as long as you can keep yourself motivated and get the course materials.
Reply 2
I'm going to give you different advice.

If, you feel capable of going it alone, try Higher Accounting. I had no experience in it last year and got an A. I could have done it by myself.

Obviously, get a teacher to help during a free period. Some things you just won't understand right away. Such as those Budgets...
Trust me higher philosophy is easy. it is higher yeah?

its practically the same as int 2 philosophy, trust me, if you're good at critical thinking and you can get your head around the logic then you should be fine.
Reply 4
spacepirate-James
Trust me higher philosophy is easy. it is higher yeah?

its practically the same as int 2 philosophy, trust me, if you're good at critical thinking and you can get your head around the logic then you should be fine.

higher philosophy really isn't that easy. it's a lot to get your head around in not a lot of time. i daresay it's quite similar to int 2, but you get 5 terms to learn your stuff for int 2, whereas higher you only have 2 terms and you need to have a more in depth knowledge. the logic is the easy part...there are some relatively complex concepts that are difficult to get your head around in other sections
Learn a language by yourself, it's worthwhile, opens new doors, looks great on your CV and is genuinely interesting.

Latest

Trending

Trending